How to turn full screen off on laptop

1. Right-click on the football manager icon on your desktop and select properties.
  2. Click the shortcut tab and type the following: -small_screen -windowed" into the target box after what is already in there.
  3. Then click apply and ok.

You will need to start up FM again for it to take effect. Hope that helps.

A message came up. Which it always does, but i thought "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "<<putting that into the target box was for people who had problems, like me

That should work. What exactly does the message say?

I just looked at the screenshot and just wondering why are you in preferences as you don't that to turn on windowed mode. The best thing is to exit FM and then change the target and start up FM again. Once it starts it should be in windowed mode immediately then.

That is very strange. Just to be sure you started the game from that shortcut (don't know whether it would make a difference anyway). You did not go into start, programs etc. or load up the game any other way?

Looking at the screenie with the target box you have this....

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

Try taking the " and the space before it away and see if that works. I'm running in windowed and it looks the same except for the space and the speech marks. I'm not sure if that will fix it but it's worth a try.

Just to clear up. The speech marks should be there at the start (in front of the C) and there after the fm.exe.

Looking at the screenie with the target box you have this....

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -small_screen -windowed "

Try taking the " and the space before it away and see if that works. I'm running in windowed and it looks the same except for the space and the speech marks. I'm not sure if that will fix it but it's worth a try.

Just to clear up. The speech marks should be there at the start (in front of the C) and there after the fm.exe.

What exactly would that look like Neji??

I not sure that would matter, tbh as I have often loaded FM from another shortcut and it worked but I just found it odd that it did not work for you. You got it working now, though, and that's the main thing. :)

it sure is, but the short cut for me did make a difference, when i clicked the old shortcut it was in full screen, when i clicked my new i one i did, it was windowed so...sorry to have taken your time for something i should have noticed, but tahnk you Jod and Neji for helping me, and im glad it payed off :D

Archived