Back to back promotions...for AI clubs?

I was just feeling especialy smug after getting back to back promotions (league 2 - cham) which, since FM08, has become something a lot trickier than it used to be. However, i was soon shocked to find that one of the clubs also getting sent up to the championship was one that got promoted with me last season.

This is the first time i've ever seen this. Even in 07 when it was much easier to get promoted i don't remember seeing an AI club get back to back promos.

So take a bow Peterborough :D

Was wondering if anyone else had ever seen the AI manage this?

I'm with brookie here. Although I have seen a case where a recently-promoted team managed to end up as a mid-table team in the CH.

Then again, after looking closely, they were the same team that got relegated from the CH the year before that ... so it's not surprising they do a lot better now.

Dunno if this counts, but when you start the game Bristol City are new to the Championship. When I started my second season as Man. United, Bristol City were in the Premiership. That's back-to-back promotion, although they were only AI-controlled for one season, the other being pre-game start.

Yes, seen it once. I was Worksop and managed back to back promotion. I can't remember which team it was, but they followed me in promotion both times. I felt pretty smug about my achievement but then I noticed they did it too. Next season, they got to the play-offs and I only just avoid relegation. I didn't feel so good about myself then :D

Gateshead on FM 07 went straight to League 1. Manager had attributes that determined he liked to play long ball and he also bought a certain legendary target man from Ali G country. Those two combined I reckon contributed significantly from looking at the target man's ratings and stats.

But then because of the AI being largely programmed to judge players on CA said target man got dropped and the team went from an overachieving 6th in League 1 to fighting relegation.

Was wondering if anyone else had ever seen the AI manage this?

In my game, Leeds United won League Two in 2059/60 and League One the following season, after many years of being rubbish.

A few years earlier, Barnet went from League One to the Premier League and straight back down again. They're back in the Championship now.

Archived