Manager Relationships

If I'm the manager of a club that another manager likes, will they automatically like me?

I'm asking because I'm managing Sheffield Wednesday and (The King) Paul Sturrock is now managing Bolton. The first time I played against him, he praised me and now we are pretty friendly every time we play.

So, I was just wondering if he praised me in the first place because Sheff Wed is one of his favoured clubs or is it just a coincidence?

They do seem to prefer whoever takes over one of their favourred clubs, Felix Magath has liked me from day one (I noticed it when I played my first save and then when I created my career game I checked it out) because I take over Bayern Munich and they are in his favoured section, as soon as I load the game and take over Bayern he has "feels could become friends" thingy.

Unfortunately he then took over Schalke and disliked me (I assume because we were rivals, because I don't think I missed his birthday), before moving to Lyon and liking me again :D

They do seem to prefer whoever takes over one of their favourred clubs, Felix Magath has liked me from day one (I noticed it when I played my first save and then when I created my career game I checked it out) because I take over Bayern Munich and they are in his favoured section, as soon as I load the game and take over Bayern he has "feels could become friends" thingy.

Unfortunately he then took over Schalke and disliked me (I assume because we were rivals, because I don't think I missed his birthday), before moving to Lyon and liking me again :D

"because I don't think I missed his birthday" - Do you get an option to say happy birthday to managers? Or am i just getting a little too obsessed with FM while at work?

Sorry for the double post, but here's a weird one.

When Magath took over a rival he changed to disliking me, but later on in my save I had Michael Laudrup as a friend when I was Spurs manager, I moved to Barca and he moved to Real Madrid, despite the rivalry he continued to praise me before matches and still felt we could become friends. So maybe it is more random than I first thought.

Archived