BSS goalkeepers

Im playing as Hayes and Yeading in my first season and my goalkeepers are terrible every shot on target goes in.

Match 1

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/kcorneille174/Keepers.jpg

Match 2

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/kcorneille174/Keepers.jpg

Thats my 1st team keepers training

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/kcorneille174/Ghenttraining.jpg

Can't be bothered looking at the screenshots, but what is your point? I notice you are basing this on 2 matches too which is hardly a staggering weight of evidence. Most keepers at that level are crap anyway.

I wanted to know if anyone was having the same problem. If you didnt look at the screenshoots why commecnt?

The workload is very excessive

Goalkeeping, Tactics should be your primary focus

Aerobic, Ball Control, Strength, Set Pieces should be your secondary focus

Defending, Attacking, Shooting can be left on NONE.

have a look through the stickied posts in the T&T forum for info on how tactics work

You need to accept that you can't train part time players that intensively for starters. Stick with having the workload bar at the highest point in 'medium' for best results.

Other than that you could be conceeding goals because your team's not very good defensively or many other reason. It might be nowt to do with your keeper.

Those screenies are both from the same match, dude.

That training regime is crazy heavy, if nothing else your players will get unhappy with it in a hurry.

Basically you have to accept that keepers at that level are sort of trash a lot of the time - your opponent's keeper didn't exactly have a brilliant game against you, by all appearances. However, we can't tell from the screenie whether the problem is *really* your talentless keeper, or your ghastly defense putting your keeper in a position where he had no chance to make a save.

Managing at the bottom can be very frustrating, just because of the poor/absent skill levels of your players. But it feels great when you start to achieve some success.

edit: e, f, b by chopper. :D

Both screenshots are for the same game. I've not experienced it when I managed down there, but give it a few more games, collate a bit more evidence and then we can judge it better I'd have thought.

Both screenshots are for the same game. I've not experienced it when I managed down there, but give it a few more games, collate a bit more evidence and then we can judge it better I'd have thought.

Thats the second one

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/kcorneille174/VSBATH.jpg

And thats another one

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/kcorneille174/dulwich.jpg

Loan signings are what you need at that level. Should be able to get a youngster from L1 or L2. The keepers you can sign are hopeless. And try and get your key players on full time contracts otherwise they just get worse and worse as the season progresses because you can't train them well enough no matter what you do.

I started off with Hayes & Yeading myself, but the first thing I do is get myself some reinforcements. Who cares about the $0 transfer fund when there are so many players without contracts? You shouldn't be over your wage budget when you start, if I recall correctly - it's been awhile - so you shouldn't have much of a problem signing a few extra people.

Half of the team is crap anyway, so you're better off signing new people to replace the people who really can't do anything right. Let your scouts do some work to find you replacements. There are plenty of players out there who can do a lot better job and don't mind playing for your team ...

And if you do it well, you'll be in League 1 after 4 years, just like my Hayes & Yeading, with half of the first team still intact :-)

And just like Son of Sosidge says: try to get your key players on full time contracts, which means you can train them much harder. People you can sign also can be offered a full time contract, which helps a lot as well for their training, plus they should be better than what you have now as well.

And get some better (and more) coaches. It doesn't matter that the board tells you that 1 coach is enough, since you can hire up to 7 coaches or something.

4 Key things I look for in GK's in BSS is the following.

Reflexes.

Handling.

Ariel Ability.

Agility.

So long as a GK has good / very good stats in those areas, I don't mind how the rest pan out. In the BSS, you've got to look at it logically. And many of the other factors the GK will rarely even use - due to the poor standard of playing ability.

Archived