Career ending injuries

I ask as one of my better players last year at 28 got a serious hip injury, after coming back his stats have declined rapidly, to the point I have now had to replace him.

I was just wondering did the injury have anything to do with his quick and untimely demise or is it something else. Also do career ending injuries even exist anymore?

I've never seen a career ending injury happen though.

No neither have I, am sure it used to happen, several FM's ago...They should bring it back.

I thought it might be the injury that did him. Have had players have much worse injuries and recover. This guy just went to pieces.

There is career ending injuries in game as whenever I go Chelsea, Ballack gets injured at the start and threatens to reitre due to the injury.

His injury is part of the database - and i've never seen him retire because of it. Having myself played as chelsea in several network games and offline games. I suspect that the "threat to retire" is just an elaborate piece of return form injury text.

His injury is part of the database - and i've never seen him retire because of it. Having myself played as chelsea in several network games and offline games. I suspect that the "threat to retire" is just an elaborate piece of return form injury text.

Awww, I thought I was special and stopped him from retiring due to the fact I was special. I'm away to get some comfort from something.

If you check the editor you can see all the injury information included in the game. I cant remember whether there are any left classified as career ending, but I know a few can be very long term. 2 years out with a virus and reoccuring arthitis are ones that come to mind.

I had a youngster at Arsenal who suffered a "serious viral infection" and was out for up to a year and a half. Didn't really check his stats but he was content in my reserves when he came back. Is it possible for players to die in the game? Such as a Munich Air Crash and having to rebuild your team, it would be bad for the deaths but very entertaining trying to rebuild huh?

No neither have I, am sure it used to happen, several FM's ago...They should bring it back.

As I recall it was in the game when it was called championship manager but was removed because of potential legal problems. I think the only way it happens now is with regen players although I could be wrong.

As I said, it would be sad but it would provide more of the challenge to build the club from scratch..

But would you really like a challenge when all of your top quality players die? I Know i wouldnt.

Surely you get a challenge for replacing your team when they can no longer compete in your league because of age ?

Also if players died SI would have a massive lawsuit on there hands unless it was a regen which died.

I think this idea is a farce.

I ask as one of my better players last year at 28 got a serious hip injury, after coming back his stats have declined rapidly, to the point I have now had to replace him.

I was just wondering did the injury have anything to do with his quick and untimely demise or is it something else. Also do career ending injuries even exist anymore?

They do. My Norweigan AM R / ST retired towards the end of my previous season with a cruciate knee injury.

It's 2061 in my game so it's not THAT Norweigan.

Norway felt it too, he has over 70 caps and was their captain.

• 2 weeks later...
But would you really like a challenge when all of your top quality players die? I Know i wouldnt.

Surely you get a challenge for replacing your team when they can no longer compete in your league because of age ?

Also if players died SI would have a massive lawsuit on there hands unless it was a regen which died.

I think this idea is a farce.

I think I've just downloaded the database where it happens, so I am now happy to undergo a challenge. I thought SI Forums was about expressing opinions which is what I did, I was surprised to see that you seemed to have really gone over-the-top with your post, good day.

I had a youngster at Arsenal who suffered a "serious viral infection" and was out for up to a year and a half. Didn't really check his stats but he was content in my reserves when he came back. Is it possible for players to die in the game? Such as a Munich Air Crash and having to rebuild your team, it would be bad for the deaths but very entertaining trying to rebuild huh?

Having real life players die will never be included in a sports interactive game. Just think of the legal problems they would face if they had players like Fernando Torres or David Beckham dying in the game.

Archived