Tactic I just started using, beat Man U 8-0 at home!!

How would you rate my tactic?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate my tactic?

• Best tactic I've ever used!!
    • Pretty good, can be improved
    • Terrible, worst tactic I have seen by far.

Let me know what you guys think.

Defensive tactic, hasn't been tested that much, only 2 games. I can upload the tactic if you guys need. Obviously you need to change the attacking players in the picture to more defensive players but...

newtzw0.jpg

Look at post #173 for all my results with this tactic.

newty7.jpg

Tactic pack combined with both tactics and instructions. Tactic Pack has old Goals Galore tactic plus the first screenshot tactic of this thread

New Tactic is the tactic I am talking about in post #173, second page.

Tactic Pack: http://rapidshare.com/files/145318933/Tactic_Pack.rar.html

New Tactic: http://files.filefront.com/New+Goals+Galore+Man+City9tac/;11916963;/fileinfo.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/149404326/New_Goals_Galore__Man_City__Jan_2009_.tac.html

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played this tactic twice now. Once away against Genk and I won 2-0 with Celtic. Playing at home right now to Aberdeen and winning 5-3. My only concern is that when they DO manage to get past us, they can usually score because it's so open. In all honesty, Aberdeen shouldn't have been able to get 3 goals against me.

I'll keep trying it out though. At least it's giving me wins. I'm trying to find a good tactic for Celtic right now. It seems like I'm getting mixed results with whatever I use.

You are playing Celtic which has brilliant players compared to the rest of the Scottish league. So I would be worried if I were you that Aberdeen are scoring 3 goals against you. Also, did you try it with Chelsea against Man U? Was it a friendly? Did they have players missing?

You are playing Celtic which has brilliant players compared to the rest of the Scottish league. So I would be worried if I were you that Aberdeen are scoring 3 goals against you. Also, did you try it with Chelsea against Man U? Was it a friendly? Did they have players missing?

It was a league game, no they had evveryone, Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney, Anderson, Scholes, Hargreaves, the whole lot of them. Just beat Marseille 3-2, I gave up 2 set-peice goals.

80du6.jpg[

Just played Hearts and won 6-3. Still far too open at the back in my opinion. I lost 2 goals in the second half and my team came close to scoring about twice that half.

Here is all my first team players:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3535/savnc1.jpg

I'm playing Mihelic, Guilherme, Zeefulk and Piatti to try and improve them as players, but I'm subbing them on and off, so I'm still playing my better players too. All of them are playing decent though!

This is the first tactic I've used that's giving me wins though. On my old game with Celtic, all I had to do was use a default 4-4-2 formation, pushing two wingers up front and I won every game, but playing a new game with them, that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Also, sorry for sort of hi-jacking this thread. I think I should maybe make my own xD

Just played Hearts and won 6-3. Still far too open at the back in my opinion. I lost 2 goals in the second half and my team came close to scoring about twice that half.

Here is all my first team players:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3535/savnc1.jpg

I'm playing Mihelic, Guilherme, Zeefulk and Piatti to try and improve them as players, but I'm subbing them on and off, so I'm still playing my better players too. All of them are playing decent though!

This is the first tactic I've used that's giving me wins though. On my old game with Celtic, all I had to do was use a default 4-4-2 formation, pushing two wingers up front and I won every game, but playing a new game with them, that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Also, sorry for sort of hi-jacking this thread. I think I should maybe make my own xD

Yea I need to refine that, being open at the back. Maybe not sending the WB's up so far?

You're not hijackign it lol, I want feedback, to see how people do with it.

Edit: just played a league game against Charlton with a subs line-up. Won 4-0

Edit: Just beat Valencia away 4-0

If your using standard player instructions this could be the problem, you probs want to change the CB mentality from default to defensive, there forward runs and run with ball to rarely.... this might keep them at the back.

If your using standard player instructions this could be the problem, you probs want to change the CB mentality from default to defensive, there forward runs and run with ball to rarely.... this might keep them at the back.

Yea I did, I fixed all their runs, I just didn't post them. Tactic Uploaded

Dominated Newcastle, won 3-0

CLub World Cup

Etui Sahel (sp?) 7-1

Boca 5-0

Won whole thing.

Did anybody use the tactic I uploaded, sorry for the double post, just lookin for feedback.

Given the impressive results you've had with Chelsea, I reckon the time has come for you to tester in a different country, and in a lower division. If you can post positive results from these further tests, lots of people will download it and try it and you'll get more feedback. Looks good though!

PS download link won't work

Given the impressive results you've had with Chelsea, I reckon the time has come for you to tester in a different country, and in a lower division. If you can post positive results from these further tests, lots of people will download it and try it and you'll get more feedback. Looks good though!

Really, it worked for me?

Yea I'm only in my second season though, I wanna get a long save going so I can see my youth develop and stuff. I will move to a lower team later on. BTW, I have only lost 1 match since using that tactic. 1-0 away to Wigan.

Really, it worked for me?

Yea I'm only in my second season though, I wanna get a long save going so I can see my youth develop and stuff. I will move to a lower team later on. BTW, I have only lost 1 match since using that tactic. 1-0 away to Wigan.

Yeh managed to download it now.

You could continue playing your Chelsea game, just add a couple of managers in different and lower leagues and then just holiday them, and carry on your Chelsea save as normal.

I think that is unfair!

At one time for a tactic to be deemed as successful it had to work with any team, but FM has changed and that's not really suitable anymore. A tactic that works with good teams is very unlikely to work with lower teams as the players attributes are very different.

Also running a tactic in holiday mode can be very different to running it in manager mode.

All merely my opinion of course.

I think that is unfair!

At one time for a tactic to be deemed as successful it had to work with any team, but FM has changed and that's not really suitable anymore. A tactic that works with good teams is very unlikely to work with lower teams as the players attributes are very different.

Also running a tactic in holiday mode can be very different to running it in manager mode.

No, I think Law-Man is being entirely fair.

This is not necessarily a GOOD TACTIC. Put simply, Chelsea are a GOOD TEAM and more or less any tactic will work with them.

This is another of those "pile players forward" tactics that works with extremely good players. It is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination and with any mid-table or lower league team it is going to fail because there is no defensive cover.

I think that is unfair!

What, exactly, was "unfair" about (the well-meant, helpful) advice I gave? I'm confused.

Apart from that, I think the rest of what you wrote is fairly accurate. However, running tactics in holiday mode in different leagues is no hardship, and provides more info than not doing. You've even done it yourself. Really don't see the problem....

What, exactly, was "unfair" about (the well-meant, helpful) advice I gave? I'm confused.

Apart from that, I think the rest of what you wrote is fairly accurate. However, running tactics in holiday mode in different leagues is no hardship, and provides more info than not doing. You've even done it yourself. Really don't see the problem....

So if this tactic doesn't work with Yeovil, Darlington or Barnsley, does that make it a bad tactic?

No, it's just not suitable for those teams.

Any tactic on these forums are merely templates. How you adapt that tactic to your team and your players will influence the success or failure.

With the right tweaks it may work for other teams, it may not, but because it works for the author with Chelsea should not mean it must work with any other given team.

So if this tactic doesn't work with Yeovil, Darlington or Barnsley, does that make it a bad tactic?

No, it's just not suitable for those teams.

Any tactic on these forums are merely templates. How you adapt that tactic to your team and your players will influence the success or failure.

With the right tweaks it may work for other teams, it may not, but because it works for the author with Chelsea should not mean it must work with any other given team.

Woah there....! I don't know why, but you're putting words in my mouth that I simply haven't said nor implied.

Right, I tested your tactic with Palermo and I just gone on holiday with them. Palermo are not the best team in the world but are predicted to be 9th.

The signings I made were:

transferswo0.jpg

You see I didn't even use much money, so basically it's the same squad.

Here's my squad:

tacticsd2.th.jpg

and here's the league table:

tableoi0.th.jpg

I came very close to winning Serie A but it was Inter who had the better squad. If I made some better signings and actually do manager mode instead of going on holiday i think i would be able to win Serie A.

But I am still pleased with the tactic, it is looking promising. Just maybe one thing to tweak on is the defence because it is set to default and have conceded loads of goals.

Right, I tested your tactic with Palermo and I just gone on holiday with them. Palermo are not the best team in the world but are predicted to be 9th.

The signings I made were:

transferswo0.jpg

You see I didn't even use much money, so basically it's the same squad.

Here's my squad:

tacticsd2.th.jpg

and here's the league table:

tableoi0.th.jpg

I came very close to winning Serie A but it was Inter who had the better squad. If I made some better signings and actually do manager mode instead of going on holiday i think i would be able to win Serie A.

But I am still pleased with the tactic, it is looking promising. Just maybe one thing to tweak on is the defence because it is set to default and have conceded loads of goals.

Yea you concede more than usual, but you score ALOT, as you can see with 104 goals for lol. But 58 against I think it said. You could always have 2 CM's come back into defense if you want. Like In my Tactic move up Lampard or Ballack with VDV, And use Essien and in my case Obi Mikel to both drop back.

I didn't want to comment on how it worked with Sunderland until i give it a decent run but so far it has worked very well.

Certainly you are taking risks defensively but because you are playing such an attacking style that should be expected.

I have found even a 2 or 3 goal lead can you caught so once i get 2 goals at home or 1 goal lead away i reduce the mentality and tick C/A. More often than not that has worked for me.

^^^^ Yea if I'm playign an important match I will sub an AM for a DM and make that player do a run back instead of forward and change my mentality to defensive. It does leave you open, but in league I have least goals conceded and most goals scored, GD is like +90

This tactic is great if you have good players. Really gets the best out of them. My Liverpool team in 2011 has such players and I've tried it for 4 games. Beating Arsenal 3-1 away, Bordeaux 5-0 home, Boro 4-1 home and lost 2-1 away to Man Utd. All games I had 30+ shots, and 18+ of them on target. Yea, 30+ shots on Old Trafford, how I lost is beyond me, but that Ben Foster must be the England #1 in no time if he's anywhere near the prospect he is in the game. Man Utd had 9 shots btw, and Fabian Brandy (who?) scored an offside goal, which I complained about and the FA silently agreed with me :p

I was afraid Arsenal would hammer me with Joaquin and Vela on their wings as they usually counter ultrafast with their wingers far up the pitch, but they never got through. They seemed to hold them back instead, mabye cause our fullbacks where so attacking.

Great tactic once you got the players to pull it off no doubt. Can't comment on lower league, but the way I see it this is made with a good team, and it gets the best out of really good players. People saying you can win anything with Chelsea might be right, but you don't win 8-0 over Man Utd with any tactic, and you don't go to Old Trafford and have 30+ shots with just any tactic, no matter how good your players are.

Cheers.

Nice tactic. Using this with Barca and River Plate at the moment but I was finding that I wasn't getting much possession and the opposition were getting a lot of shots in.

Made a few tweaks to tighten things up a bit now though and it seems to be working well. Cheers! :)

Nice tactic. Using this with Barca and River Plate at the moment but I was finding that I wasn't getting much possession and the opposition were getting a lot of shots in.

Made a few tweaks to tighten things up a bit now though and it seems to be working well. Cheers! :)

Could you upload your tweaked tactic please?

Could you upload your tweaked tactic please?

Not done anything major to it really. I've just set the defenders and keeper to defensive (and lowered their creative freedom and closing down). I've also reduced the width to very narrow, with short passing and a slow tempo.

i'm starting to struggle abit still winning but only just lost a few games against teams i really should of mullered concede a few goals aswell got a good back four aswell foster ramos guillime fazio and sakho at the back midfield c ronaldo banega and downing then VDV in attacking mid slot and rooney and cavani up front so i've got a very strong team like i say though still winningbut only just might try and tweek it abit see what i can come up with

Just beat Celtic 9-1 in the Champions League with Man United with Aguero getting 7 from the AMC with Farrow, but i changed it so that the central midfielder that gets back to DC has no arrow.

I know it might not sound good because it was United against Celtic but i was using Rafael and Fabio as the WBR/WBL for the first half and i was 5-0 up by then i brought Ramos on and Fabio managed to get a goal.

I dominated the match with 35 shots 21 on target and 14 off with 52% posession (not alot but did the job)

Good tactic will use it for another 3-4 matches to test consistency.

My DC's and DM's have all defensive instructions. I rarely concede over 1. Occasionaly I concede 2, you just have to work with it. I'l get all my player instructions if you'd like

It would be a good idea to post all the player instructions but what's even better is you can upload the tweaked tactic maybe? ;d

Archived