Fat Sue? or slim Jim

Fat Sue? but thats not my name!!

How important is player weight? i noticed last nite at close of playin gthat my captain Webster Cb from Wigan was playing badly aged 29. he had played fairly well. i was lookign at possible new players to replace him with and used the player comparison feature. from that screen i noticed he only weigh in at 9 12 at 6 4" how on earth is he even a pro footballer i thought!!

iv been asking recentlty why he keeps getting beat in the air by Micheal Owen. im now convinced its because he must be a spindal. if this is true surly bidy weight and strenght should co inside with each other if not why even have body weight.

So how crucial is a players body wieght?

Spindal. but thats not my name..

Just like height, it's cosmetic.

As far s i know, height and jumping are both important. There was quite a lot of discussion about this a couple of years ago.

Weight is also important if you read Marc Vaughan's tactics guide. For example, he states how a young players weight gain has a bearing on how well he trains.

Really? I've read Marc's 06 and 07 guides and never seen anything about height/weight metioned. Is there another one I'm missing? I couldn't find one for 08.

You're right. I just checked. Its not in Marc's guide. I must have read it elsewhere.

I am sure its used in some capacity. I certainly steer clear of lightweight players as a result.

Though I'd missed an 08 version! :D

I know about height affecting the jumping stat but as a match stat, it is useless as jumping (etc) governs who is going to win the ball.

I've never taken note of either to be honest.

Apparently height has no direct bearing on winning headers. The jumping stat alone covers that aspect, but height plays a part in how high the jumping stat can be (i.e. someone who is 140cm can't get 20 in jumping).

Sorry for not being able to shed any light on if weight plays any part of the game at all, but according to what was explained on this forum prior to FM08 it does not affect winning headers (at least it hasn't been mentioned in previous explanations to my knowledge).

Archived