Lack of managerial discipline

You now need to hope at least one player does something wrong soon so that you can warn or fine them. Perhaps you should stick all your players on hard tackling for a while in the hope that one of them gets sent off so that you can fine them.

I had the same issue with my senior GK and one of my best defenders. Even after I had warned another player for getting a red card, it did not change their views. Maybe it has to do with the coaching staff I have as well. I know it all started when I did not comment on a player getting a red card (in a friendly) for violent conduct. I ignored it because it was a friendly, big mistake!

In the end, a club made an offer I could not refuse for my GK and I transfer listed the DC who was sold in another league.... That's one way to sort the problem.

You cant just "warn" every1 when they do something wrong. There are different levels of punishment for a reason. If they get sent off for violent conduct, give them at least a weeks' fine - it means they have most likely tried to break a players leg or just elbowed him in the face, thats just not on! Missing training - warning and then a fine if they keep doing it.

This becomes more prevalent with the more experience players/teams as they expect more from a manager. In the lower leagues/with younger players just giving them warnings *should* be ok.

You cant just "warn" every1 when they do something wrong. There are different levels of punishment for a reason. If they get sent off for violent conduct, give them at least a weeks' fine - it means they have most likely tried to break a players leg or just elbowed him in the face, thats just not on! Missing training - warning and then a fine if they keep doing it.

This becomes more prevalent with the more experience players/teams as they expect more from a manager. In the lower leagues/with younger players just giving them warnings *should* be ok.

What if they tried to brake El haj Diouf's leg? Surely thats a stern warning with a sly pat on the back after ;)

I have the same prob with one of my defenders, the sending off was a farce so I appealed. I set the tackles to hard on both my right backs settings and the opposition wingers settings so it was kind of my fault as well but the centre back still hates me :(

You cant just "warn" every1 when they do something wrong. (...) If they get sent off for violent conduct, give them at least a weeks' fine - it means they have most likely tried to break a players leg or just elbowed him in the face, thats just not on! Missing training - warning and then a fine if they keep doing it.

Violent conduct also includes the 'pushed player x over', which is not really a violent conduct in my opinion. Of course, it is a lack of proper behaviour, but except from a few shoves, he didn't really damage anyone.

Doesn't change the fact I always go from warning -> fines after they repeat it a couple of times though ;-)

What does bother me is that with some players, they actually feel offended if you warn/fine them too often - simply because they keep doing it. Or perhaps is it because they were innocent in the first place for the conduct you warned them for?

p.s. when can we expect the 'dives as soon as he smells a penalty-area' special move? It would make appealing for penalties a lot easier if you could simply ignore such events where you didn't get the penalty ;-)

It would also be able to create an image for players, that people with the above move eventually never get a penalty.

What if they tried to brake El haj Diouf's leg? Surely thats a stern warning with a sly pat on the back after ;)

I have the same prob with one of my defenders, the sending off was a farce so I appealed. I set the tackles to hard on both my right backs settings and the opposition wingers settings so it was kind of my fault as well but the centre back still hates me :(

Fair point about Diouf - there should be a special setting for him to "Go all out to kill the git" haha.

Happens to me sometimes aswell. I played an entire season with Barca (won absolutely everything) with Henry unhappy with my manager dicipline. Nothing had even happened to set him off lol.

I think diving is included in the Sportsmanship attribute (see editor), is it not? I don't really know, I'm just guessing, but it would make sense.

The lower the sportsmanship the more likely it is for a striker to dive in the penalty area?

Yup I'm pretty sure ur right about this.

The thing thats so silly about appealing in this game is that you NEVER get it with a red card. In real life it's very very rare, however there are lots of situations where it could go either way and there's absolutely no way of showing this in the 2D match engine. A push/slide tackle/elbow all look the same. 2 Players "Collide" and err, thats it lol.

@Schotsmannetje - ah, the sportsmanship. True that.

But I didn't know it was an attribute in the editor, seeing how I never even bother using the editor ;-)

The thing thats so silly about appealing in this game is that you NEVER get it with a red card. In real life it's very very rare, however there are lots of situations where it could go either way and there's absolutely no way of showing this in the 2D match engine. A push/slide tackle/elbow all look the same. 2 Players "Collide" and err, thats it lol.

Makes me wanna try to show my point of view to the FA:

"Now here, look. I appeal against that red card for an elbow. Do you seriously believe this circle actually elbowed that other circle? Look here, I even have it on tape and I don't see it at all."

And then tape how they look after me showing them the 2D-replay.

Archived