Past Experience?

what do you mean?

All i know is Automatic is (im guessing) no past experience therefore unknown, Sunday League is having the local rep of a Sunday League player, Semi-Pro would be like having the rep of say a League 1 player, Pro maybe the rep of a championship footballer and International would be the rep of a fully-fledge football star whos has won numerous caps for his country.

But im more than likely wrong!!!

your level of fame within the footballing world, so the futher down the list you set your experience the more well known you are, which increases the chance of larger more succesful clubs approaching you with a contract.

automatic basically means Who ??!

Here is an example. If you load just the English Premier League and give yourself automatic reputation you will get a reputation equal to the lowest playable club which in this case is probably Derby. The others will always give you the same reputation but automatic depends on what leagues you have loaded. I got that from what I read on the forums before.

Here is an example. If you load just the English Premier League and give yourself automatic reputation you will get a reputation equal to the lowest playable club which in this case is probably Derby. The others will always give you the same reputation but automatic depends on what leagues you have loaded. I got that from what I read on the forums before.

But what if i'm managing in holland top flight and i have 10 countries with 30 leagues loaded

But what if i'm managing in holland top flight and i have 10 countries with 30 leagues loaded

If you had 30 leagues loaded then automatic will make your rep as low as possible but making sure that you would still have a high enough rep to manage the lowest playable teams. As I said automatic rep changes based on what leagues you have loaded.

I don't get what you mean about managing in the holland top flight is it you want to manage there or you are already managing there as automatic rep and other rep's are only for when you are creating the manager.

If you had 30 leagues loaded then automatic will make your rep as low as possible but making sure that you would still have a high enough rep to manage the lowest playable teams. As I said automatic rep changes based on what leagues you have loaded.

I don't get what you mean about managing in the holland top flight is it you want to manage there or you are already managing there as automatic rep and other rep's are only for when you are creating the manager.

I'm just starting a new game and want to know how my rep would be set

I'm just starting a new game and want to know how my rep would be set

This was posted by Morridin in his Mechanics of Manager Reputation thread.

1. International Footballer, "Home Reputation", 8000, "World Reputation", 4000

2. Professional Footballer, "Home Reputation", 6000, "World Reputation", 3000

3. Semi-Professional Footballer, "Home Reputation", 3250, "World Reputation", 1625

4. Sunday League Footballer, "Home Reputation", 1500, "World Reputation", 750

5. Automatic, This one depends on the reputation of the lowest playing league in your game. Values range from 500, 250 (Lowest league in the world) to 9500, 4750 (Spanish First). It's completely independent of nationality, age or Starting Club. Proven by testing.

That thread in the CSE forums explains everything about manager rep. Your current rep will be equal to your home rep. Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...
Ive got a problem. Im starting a new game and when I set Automatic reputation I start with Continental and it seems a nonsense for me. The only reason I can find for this is that I use the same profile for every game...

What leagues have you loaded?

Automatic seems to have altered a little for FM10 but I would hazard a guess you've loaded high reputation leagues.

In which case if you aren't given a high enough rep you wouldn't get offered a job and you would sit pressing continue for the next year of your life ;)

• 2 weeks later...
What leagues have you loaded?

Automatic seems to have altered a little for FM10 but I would hazard a guess you've loaded high reputation leagues.

In which case if you aren't given a high enough rep you wouldn't get offered a job and you would sit pressing continue for the next year of your life ;)

Well Ive loaded the top tier leagues in Europe and all the structure of Germany, so I think that Continental reputation is so far high for a level 3 german team. In the end I had to set my reputation as the lowest manualy.

Archived