Kind of worried. Can't offer a new contract.

Ok, so my 18 year old wonderkid has just asked for a new contract. He's been performing well, so I don't mind. Problem is, I've told him he can have one, but when I goto offer him one, the option isn't there.

Where it says contract, where the option usually is I only have the option to release him or offer him mutual termination. 6 clubs are interested and if I lose him because I can't offer him a new contract, I will probably stop playing one of the more fun games I've had on Fm08. I'm going to be really, annoyed.

Anyone experienced this, or know any solutions?

TIA

That's only happened to me when I've had him on a pre-contract. For example, my 2008 batch of youngsters, if I identify a couple I'm going to keep, I immediately offer them a pre-contract for when they turn .. whatever age that is .. 17? 19? .. then I can no longer offer them a contract.

Does it look like he has a pre-contract with either you, or with one of the interested teams?

What's it say under "Transfers" for him?

First of, he is actually 19, not 18. He is on a full time contract which he signed on his 17th birthday. No pre contract in place.

If worst comes to worst, just at some point take control of the team that signed him with a created manager and sell him back to your team cheap.

Can't be done, I'm afraid. First, thats cheating and second, it would still spoil my enjoyment of the game :)

I have seen something like this before Neji, but unfortunately it was for a player who I had no interest in keeping, so didn't look further into it. All I can suggest is you wait a few days and see if its an option again, or report it in the bugs forum??

Just a little update on this. It doesn't really matter now. I've been playing most of the night and got to June without any other clubs approaching him. So I thought I'd try to hold on and wait until his contract expires. I did that so I could get the message which gives you the option of renewing it. Real Madrid decided to offer him a contract, so I was very worried. A couple of days later though, he automatically signed a new contract and I can offer him a new one now.

So, I think Amaroq, you was right. It must have been a pre contract even though nothing indicated it on his profile. All is good :D

Archived