Start new game on FM08 or wait until FM09?

How many of you are currently in the process of contemplating this?

FM09 is just around the corner, approx. 2 or 3 months away. :eek:

You've had a great idea for a new long-term save on FM08 but you don't want to get to October/November time only to give up your game for the excitement of starting again on FM09.

So what do you do? Start anyway on the current FM... or wait for FM 2009?! :confused:

(it usually always happens to me that I'm really into a save when FM09 comes out and I'm torn painfully between giving up the save for a new one on the latest FM or carrying on - I always give in to the new edition! :D )

I started a new game 2 days ago. The mighty macclesfield are on their way to the prem!

I suggest start a new game. FM09 might need a patch anyway lol

Have a good game with liverpool on the go but am thinking of dowloading update availabe from www.fmupdates.net available tomorrow so I can start new game with keane etc at liverpool and all new transfers

New game, all the way.....

In the meantime you can wait for the patch(es) to be published, and for the game price to come down!

One of the few things in my life where price doesnt matter. Cannot think of many things better value for money.

Im still playing FM 08, but i did start getting a little board of it, as i know most of the good players to buy, so to keep me intrested untill fm 09, ive start unenpolyed and gone on holiday untill 2020, this way all the players from the start will be old/retired meaing i will have to scout all the regens, plus in the save now, blackburn & villa are in a awful state in the championship, so going to try and manage one of those and make them good again.

News FM 08 cos FM 09 probably won't be playable till the first or even second patch

I just started a new game last night

FM is normally playable straight away in my opinion. Having said that, FM08 was a million times better by patch 8.0.2 than it was in the first release.

That is one of the big pains of new FM games actually. Usually, a new patch requires you to start a new game for the full effect, which means that you often start three or four games when the new edition comes out before getting settled into a long-term save.

FM is normally playable straight away in my opinion. Having said that, FM08 was a million times better by patch 8.0.2 than it was in the first release.

That is one of the big pains of new FM games actually. Usually, a new patch requires you to start a new game for the full effect, which means that you often start three or four games when the new edition comes out before getting settled into a long-term save.

Still no info of fm 2009 or a demo coming!

Why, why, why?!?!?! :eek:

I didnt play it for over a month so I thought Im not going to play it in the next 2 months.

Theres a bit of a cycle with FM for me. Play it non stop as soon as it comes out, get annoyed with bugs, stop playing it until the 1st patch is out. Play it for months until the summer. Get annoyed with other things, stop playing in the summer, then look forward to next year hoping the previous versions problems have been fixed.

I know what will annoy me with this version, all of QPRs signings will have their ratings dropped so they arent any good. Parejo will not be one of the best teenage midfielders in the world in the game.

After all the problems with FM2008 I have decided to break the habbit of a lifetime and wait until the January update before purchasing FM2009 so I have plenty of time to start a new game. Don't know who I'll pick though!

Archived