fm widescreen on mac. can anyone offer help?

i'm playing fm on the mac and despite using full screen i can't understand why it won't utilise the full screen so it has big chunks of black on the left and right.

does anyone know how to use the full screen?

If you are running Leopard choose system preferences -> displays (under hardware) -> choose 1024 x 768 (stretched), which will run at full screen.

unfortunately it hasn't done very much, everything apart from fm has been stretched. thanks for the help though.

i'm playing fm on the mac and despite using full screen i can't understand why it won't utilise the full screen so it has big chunks of black on the left and right.

does anyone know how to use the full screen?

Take a look at the Mac technical forum. You shouldn't change the Leopard settings, since this will change the resolution of your display for your display itself, and you only want FM to use another resolution than its default one.

To do this, you'll need to start fm.app with some parameters to set the fullscreen height and width, just as you'd do with fm.exe on a windows platform.

If you can't find the information you need in the apple forum, just pm me, and I'll get you some instructions when I get home (and be able to see how I've set it up there on my own iMac).

Take a look at the Mac technical forum. You shouldn't change the Leopard settings, since this will change the resolution of your display for your display itself, and you only want FM to use another resolution than its default one.

To do this, you'll need to start fm.app with some parameters to set the fullscreen height and width, just as you'd do with fm.exe on a windows platform.

If you can't find the information you need in the apple forum, just pm me, and I'll get you some instructions when I get home (and be able to see how I've set it up there on my own iMac).

wow you are a nice guy, i'll try and sort it out myself but if i can't i'll be in touch

Archived