Changing co-efficients

I've edited up the game for the new season, but due to so many English clubs qualifying for Europe, not all of them are appearing in the UEFA Cup as edited.

In fact, Spurs got put in the Intertoto even though I'd edited them into the UEFA, and Villa were vice-versa.

Anyway, in the editor there's a way to change each country's co-efficient. Can I do this to the most recent co-efficient to ensure all these clubs will appear in the right tournaments, or will it mess the game up?

I won't be buying FM09 until it's all patched up (prob around spring next year) so won't just wait for it to come out.

The problem is that Man City got in through the Fair Play League, and I don't think there's any way of implementing that through the editor.

I had no probs with the Champions League, Everton go into the UEFA OK, and sometimes Spurs do to, especially as I made them the most recent Carling Cup winners in the editor.

It's just about making sure England are allocated enough places to accommodate all the clubs, which unless it's hard coded I'm guessing could be done through the editor.

I realise that mate, but I don't know 1) what to change it to, and 2) whether changing it will mess things up.

Sorry for the confusion

1) Go on a site that gives you the coefficients and put the last seasons one into the 06/07 box in FM and move the coefficients in there back a year so the first one in the editor (00/01, I think) will not be there.

2) It won't mess up the game. It will update the list so Russia has 3 Champ's Leagues places for example.

I think this is all done in the Weegie Update so you could download that if you want.

Archived