Editing Leagues Mid-Game (Future Game Idea)

Firstly, I put this idea in the Wishlist thread along with some others so I think it may get lost between posts, so I've decided to raise it now in it's own thread.

What about the idea to edit the selected leagues in a certain game when you wish?

This, in my opinion, could be very useful as you can get rid of leagues you regret adding at the start and change them for leagues that you know you may manage in, or get rid of some lower leagues in each nation to save memory and maake the game go faster.

Let me give you an example:

Leagues loaded:

England (all)

Italy (all)

Spain (all)

Iceland (all)

N.Ireland (all)

Now, when you play a career starting in a lower league, your reputation should build as you go along. Now, imagine you are manager of Newcastle or Udinese etc you would regret having the Icelandic and N.Irish leagues. You could get rid of them altogether to make the game run faster, or change them to some more high profile leagues e.g. France or Germany.

What do you think?

Agree with Glamdring. Whilst I would LIKE this facility, I just don't see how it can work, programming-wise. Would it be way behind the other leagues? Would we suddenly have a new batch of players to choose from? What happens to the players who joined the league you got rid of?

I'd say the only way for this to work would be for all leagues to run in the background on the reputation/probability factors only, but this would eat memory on Windows machines. Which is 90% of them.

Archived