Long term stability of Al Clubs

After many seasons we all know Al clubs become some what depleated, im wondering if this have somthing to do with the economic factor in the game.

I know for one that my players want more money everu time they renew there contracts and they also get pay rise each year.

Al teams do seem to be able to pay more for wages and im wondering if there over all wage budget limits them to having a small squad instead of a large squad with depth.?

After many seasons we all know Al clubs become some what depleated' date=' im wondering if this have somthing to do with the economic factor in the game.

I know for one that my players want more money everu time they renew there contracts and they also get pay rise each year.

Al teams do seem to be able to pay more for wages and im wondering if there over all wage budget limits them to having a small squad instead of a large squad with depth.?[/quote']

i would say its more due to the fact that the ai managers sign players they do not need for stupid amounts of money.

for example recently in one of my games arsenal (2015) only had adebayor as their only striker for some reason. Instead of buying a striker, they brought a winger for about 40m who they didnt really need since they already had 4 or 5 wingers of similar quality in thier squad. At the time i thought they might just play 1 up front and hope adebayor doesnt get an injury and not sign any more players, then 2 days later they signed another winger off me for 25m. He was fairly poor(was not in my first team). anyway after this, they opted to play 2 strikers up front so they ended up playing adebayor and fabregas as strikers (it actually worked rather well but this example still illustrates my poiint)

It's generally due to the AIs inability to;

a. Accurately assess what is wrong with their team.

b. Find replacements of a decent quality if they do figure out what's wrong with their team.

c. AI not knowing that a 35year old player isn't that good, and hence giving £120kp/w contracts for 5 years to 30 year olds.

The most annoying thing about this is that the mechanism is already in place to cure a. The ass man team report isn't 100% accurate, but it is enough for an AI manager to surely be able to figure out that they need better players.

As to your suggestion, i'm fairly sure that the AI clubs will be under no different economic strains than human clubs are. They just don't get rid of players early enough which often leaves them in huge amounts of debt.

i have noticed some times they buy alot of players for the same possition, do you think may be its because the game lacks quality amount of strikers?

On the other hand some times i see a club sell a player and then 2 days later they sign a player to fill that possition and it is remarkable how quick they suddenly find a ready made replacment.

It's generally due to the AIs inability to;

a. Accurately assess what is wrong with their team.

b. Find replacements of a decent quality if they do figure out what's wrong with their team.

c. AI not knowing that a 35year old player isn't that good, and hence giving £120kp/w contracts for 5 years to 30 year olds.

The most annoying thing about this is that the mechanism is already in place to cure a. The ass man team report isn't 100% accurate, but it is enough for an AI manager to surely be able to figure out that they need better players.

As to your suggestion, i'm fairly sure that the AI clubs will be under no different economic strains than human clubs are. They just don't get rid of players early enough which often leaves them in huge amounts of debt.

I have witnessed this b4 i agree.. isnt it one of the things top of si's list to try and sort out.?

i hope in 09 this is sorta out, in my current game im arsenal, the man utd team have alot of money but they seem to buy people such as charles n'zogbia and some of my resveres and then they play them, they have a ageing vidic at the back with o'shea and the strangest thing is that they have ben amos in goal for last 2 seasons, they have javier agguire in goal who has gone managieral stats but yet doesnt kno who to buy

its also down to the fact that the ai doesnt buy up as much young talent as we human managers do, and they tend to wait for them to mature.. meaning they have to pay over the odds for them. which is why you end up with a huge gulf between human controlled clubs, and ai controlled clubs when it comes to finances. i agree with Ched's points as well, it should be obvious to the ai where they are going wrong. it doesnt take a rocket surgeon or a brain scientist to figure out if you only have one striker in your first team, and he gets injured, youre gonna be a long way up a certain creek. seems to come back to the ai not showing basic common sense really....

i would say its more due to the fact that the ai managers sign players they do not need for stupid amounts of money.

for example recently in one of my games arsenal (2015) only had adebayor as their only striker for some reason. Instead of buying a striker, they brought a winger for about 40m who they didnt really need since they already had 4 or 5 wingers of similar quality in thier squad. At the time i thought they might just play 1 up front and hope adebayor doesnt get an injury and not sign any more players, then 2 days later they signed another winger off me for 25m. He was fairly poor(was not in my first team). anyway after this, they opted to play 2 strikers up front so they ended up playing adebayor and fabregas as strikers (it actually worked rather well but this example still illustrates my poiint)

The weird thing is, that I'm sure in a previous FM, perhaps FM07, AI managers were a bit more careful about trying to buy who they needed.

This really ought to be looked at.

Archived