Loan offers: Add Clubs League to News Item

Just a little suggestion really, very little but would make life a little bit easier.

I just tried loaning out a couple of young players. I got around 8 offers for one of them. As usual, I go through and reject the ones which don't offer 'a valuable part of the team'. Then I was left with six, what I'd like in each news item is the league that the club is in. Obviously, I want to get him playing at the highest level I can. Currently, I have to click the clubs names and see which league they are in, so I think the news item should state it.

It's not a big thing bit I find it annoying having to go through screens and screens to find out.

Sometimes it pays for the younger players to drop down a league or 2 as long as they are playing first team football.As Arsenal manager,I have just sent a player on Loan to Gillingham for 3 months as they have stated he will get first team football and he is at least 2 years short of getting into my team at present.

I know it's sometimes beneficial. I had offers for both CCC clubs and League 1, so I wanted him, at 19 to get some experience in the CCC. My point is that it's a bit of a pain to find out which clubs are in that league and which are lower.

Loan offers never come for the players i actually went to loan out. Only my most prize assets. I mostly use Affilated clubs but some have grown an ego the size Russia they mostly refuse. Just put them in the reserves and they'll take offers from any club then!

yeah i agree with this, especially when you go through the "offering out on loan" route, you tend to get a lot more offers for the players. would be dead easy to sort through them by squad status, and then the clubs current division. a definite :thup: from me!

While "add league to news item" would help a lot, its not the only thing I base my decision on - and I really want to know the terms. In essence, I want a quick visual way of comparing and contrasting the offers and teams making a loan offer.

Perhaps having access to a table which included the following?

Team        League       Pred Role   Sal  C  O  R  F.Fee  Facilities  Coaches
Reading     Championship  5th Valu. 100%  X         2.5M  Top         Good
Doncaster   Championship 10th Cover 100%  X     X    -    Very Good   Very Good
Swansea     Championship 17th Valu. 100%  X     X    -    Poor        Good
Leeds Utd   League 1      1st Valu. 100%  X     X    -    Excellent   Excellent
Yeovil      League 1     16th Key    60%  X     X    -    Poor        Fair

This lets me compare the bids at a glance. Reading look like the best offer at first glance, but then I notice that they aren't offering a Recall Clause, and worse, that they've included a trap "Future Fee" clause which I simply won't agree to.

I can see also that Swansea and Yeovil just don't have the quality of facilities that I want to loan out to.

Now its down to Doncaster and Leeds Utd, in my mind, and I can make that decision based on whether I think its going to be more valuable for him to go to the Championship as "Cover for the First Team", or to League One as "A valuable member of the team".

I'm not entirely certain - but its basically the same thing I want for staff applicants in response to an advertisement: a sortable table, possibly even with different Views, just like we have in other areas.

I'd leave it to SI's resident UI expert to figure out exactly how it fits into the game, but off the top of my head, maybe its a screen within the Player? Or within the team's Transfer Centre?

I imagine then that the e-mail item would change to "5 teams have made loan offers for Robert Jones", with buttons like "Accept All", "Compare Offers", "Reject All"?

Hypothetically, lets say Reading were a human-controlled team, and their offer came in on a different timing from the AI offers. Then we'd get the AI one ("4 teams have made loan offers for Robert Jones") and the human one, which might look like:

"Championship side Reading have made a loan offer for Robert Jones. They would like to take him on at 100% salary for 3 months. 4 other teams have also made offers for Jones."

The buttons would then be "Accept", "Compare Offers", "Reject", with the former and latter affecting only Reading's offer.

(Aside - duration of loan offer would obviously be one of the things I'd put in the table as well.)

The staff offer one would work much the same: "There have been 7 applicants for our vacant coaching position." - "Leave Ad Running", "Compare Applicants", "Stop Ad".

I wouldn't like it in the transfer centre. It seems out of the way, plus, I rarely use it :)

I do like your idea about putting all offers into one item and giving us a quick link or even dropping it into that news item (which would probably be preferable for me).

I don't use the transfer centre much, either - but if it had this sort of facility in it, and a quick link to it, maybe I would go there more often. ;) Putting the table in the news item would work for me, though I'm not sure it works with the news-item template.

Incidentally, while we're on the topic, you know how a transfer offer has "Accept all offers", "Accept all offers of X or greater?" and "Accept all offers of X or greater but reject all offers below X?" ...

I'd like to see the same thing with Loan Offers. Currently it has "Accept all offers" - I'd like to include "Accept all loan offers with same terms as this loan", and "Accept all loan offers with same terms as this loan and reject all nonconforming loan offers."

Putting the table in the news item would work for me, though I'm not sure it works with the news-item template.

I thought the same but, I'm sure they could figure it out :D

I'd like to see the same thing with Loan Offers. Currently it has "Accept all offers" - I'd like to include "Accept all loan offers with same terms as this loan", and "Accept all loan offers with same terms as this loan and reject all nonconforming loan offers."

I'm pretty certain someone posted this same idea a few weeks ago. It's a nice idea but again, I wouldn't use it. I don't know why but I just cant help but think I'm missing something if I'm not doing all offers etc manually :)

Archived