Should I accept or Not!?

Alright I need everyones help to make sure I am doing the right think. I am currently in 2009 and the season has just ended for the Portuguese League. I am currently managing Benfica and have won the Bwin Legue twice in a row. My first season I had our great playmaker RUI COSTA. WOW! This guy is amazing. But he then retired and I was left looking for a player. So I looked around until I found this guy that was on loan at Inter. He was doing good, not to expensive so I bought him. I think I bought him for around 10 million. He had a great season with me and was a great subsitute for Rui Costa. His name is Luis Jimenez and he is from chile, is currently 25 years old, and attacking midfield has made 51 appearnces, 8 goals, and his avergae rating is 7.39. He got an award for the most assists also! He has just been awesome. I wasn't expecting it but I got an offer from chelsea for 43 million and he's only played 1 season for me and I bought him for around 10 million. Should I accpet or not!? I know its alot of money but he is great! And if i accept who should I buy for him. I will have 43 million plus my transfer budget which will be around 30 million. THANKS FOR ALL THAT ANSWER. I WOULD POST A SCREENIE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW!

Sell him. For that money you can get a good replacement, plus investing in youth.

It will also make your game feel more realistic, as clubs in smaller leagues, like Benfica, often breed superstars, sell them on, and goes hunting for the next star.

Good luck.

Well Benfica is a big club and in Europe have always been big. This guy that I found was from me looking around not from anybody telling me. So this is big that i found somebody good. Now the problem is who will i buy for his replacement!? Any ideas with the budget that I have!? I am not looking for somebody too expensive. The most around 15-20 million. Because I like keeping my transfer budget healthy and well kept and I have to buy other players too and am not looking to buy a good player that is going to cost me around 30 million.

This is my second season at Benfica and I am already being offered a contract at Barcelona but I rejected it because I have a GREAT team that I have built and want to continue. Plus I don't want to see AI ruin my team in 1 season! Lolz But if i attracted him then I think I can attract others. If you guys say keep him i understand but if you guys say sell him please tell me of 1 or 2 players that I could buy for him replacement according to my transfer budget and then ill look at them and scout them to see if they want to come to my team!

I like Benfica, so I've no wish to denegrate them. However, for all their past success, they aren't in Europe's elite. If someone offers you that kind of money for a player, you take it. I would, anyway.

But that's just my opinion based on my own rational thinking. I have completely disregarded any emotional attachment you might have to the player concerned.

This is my second season at Benfica and I am already being offered a contract at Barcelona but I rejected it because I have a GREAT team that I have built and want to continue. Plus I don't want to see AI ruin my team in 1 season! Lolz But if i attracted him then I think I can attract others. If you guys say keep him i understand but if you guys say sell him please tell me of 1 or 2 players that I could buy for him replacement according to my transfer budget and then ill look at them and scout them to see if they want to come to my team!

i think you should accept Barcelona offer, benfica is a bad team

Don't sell Jimenez you will have trouble attracting anyone as good/better despite having loads of money (Jimenez is as good a winger as anyone needs in FM anyway, he is capable of getting a 7.5 or thereabouts average in every competitive league).

I would never take the Barca job if I was enjoying managing another team because there is so much pressure to win EVERYTHING and sometimes the A.I managers before you wreck the squad filling it out with useless players on PHAT contracts.

It's been my experience that when you get an offer like that you take it, because what invariably happens is that a year or two down the road, the player doesn't want to re-sign and you try to sell him. The best offer you get is almost ALWAYS less than what you could have gotten. Take the 40+ million, go find a reasonable replacement for him, and grab a few more young stars.

Archived