Players requiring work permit

I have acquired a couple of players and have realised they have not been granted a british work permit. I have loaned them out to other clubs for 3 seasons but still no change in the work permit situation.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do?

loan them out to a country where they can gain nationality quickly, and where work permit rules arent in force.. this thread has a list of those countries and how long it takes to gain nationality. apart from that, all you can hope for is they start playing regularly for their countries so you can get a permit that way

If you have a feeder club from Belgium then loan the players out there. It only takes three years for players to get Belgian as their second nationality. What clubs did you loan out to? Because in some nations it can take up to five years to get that country as a second nationality.

Is there anything i can do if I have loaned them out to 3 different clubs in 3 different countries. I have loaned one out to France, Italy and Spain. Another to Germany, France, Russia and another to France and Turkey.

Have a look at his profile and it will say how many says remaining until he gains citizenship.

if theres any reasonable amounts there, send em back, otherwise Belgium/poland are your best bets... unless theyre south americans, in which case, send em to spain, as they get dual nationality in 2 years

I think the game is lagging a bit behind in the work permit situation. Here's why. In game, the best thing to do is loan the player concerned to a Belgian or Polish club and hope that a) he agrees to go on three season-long loans and b) he will take the relevant citizenship. However, in real life, as with Manucho at Man. United and Leto at Liverpool, the situation is more fluid. Teams seem to decide to loan players out for one season to somewhere like Greece, which isn't long enough to get Greek citizenship, but they hope that plenty of first team appearances and some decent performances will help them with a new work permit application. But in FM, you can't do this. You are pretty much limited to the Belgium/Poland/Spain (if you're Latin American) route.

What's more, you need to be able to tell the player when you offer him a contract that you will be loaning him out for three years in the event that his work permit application is unsuccessful. With the player then in full knowledge of this, he'll be guaranteed to take up citizenship.

I think the game is lagging a bit behind in the work permit situation. Here's why. In game, the best thing to do is loan the player concerned to a Belgian or Polish club and hope that a) he agrees to go on three season-long loans and b) he will take the relevant citizenship. However, in real life, as with Manucho at Man. United and Leto at Liverpool, the situation is more fluid. Teams seem to decide to loan players out for one season to somewhere like Greece, which isn't long enough to get Greek citizenship, but they hope that plenty of first team appearances and some decent performances will help them with a new work permit application. But in FM, you can't do this. You are pretty much limited to the Belgium/Poland/Spain (if you're Latin American) route.

What's more, you need to be able to tell the player when you offer him a contract that you will be loaning him out for three years in the event that his work permit application is unsuccessful. With the player then in full knowledge of this, he'll be guaranteed to take up citizenship.

i agree with the last part of this especially. should be able to tell the players they will be going out on loan, although i personally havent had any problems with players taking up their 2nd nationality, it could happen...

i signed oscar cardozo in my second season with spurs. despite having 19 caps for paraguay for a 24 year old he failed to get a work permit even on appeal

i decided to gamble on him and sign him up anyway and loan him to my polish feeder club

i try to offer him a new contract after every international game in the hope he gets a permit but no joy

any idea why its so hard for me to get him a work permit. i could understand if he had no caps at all but from what i can gather he has played almost every international game since football manager loaded

by the way im playing version 8.0.2

I think this is something that really needs introduced into the game. I don't see the point of sending a player to a feeder club if they have no intention of taking up dual nationality and as it currently stands you cant force them to. I think it would be much better if when your negotiating contract with a player you can specify a clause that says they must agree to taking up nationality of another country for work permit reasons.

Archived