Chews United - THE ULTIMATE FANTASY TEAM CHALLENGE 8.0.2 Patch

ChewsUnited-1.jpg

Who are Chews United I ask? Well make sure you’re sitting comfortable, grab a hot or cold drink and let me tell you.

Chews United are a new found football club based in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England.

They were formed in 2004 by a Russian Billionaire called Roman Abramovic. Who after his displeasure of the way Chelsea played left them in a hope of new found glory.

In 2004 Chews United were promoted to the Blue Square Premier following Ebbsfleet demotion because of financial problems.

Here are some details on Chews United.

ChewsUnitedInfo.jpg

As you can see all Chews United's home games are played at The Cave which is based just up the road from Newcastle United's St. James Park.

After Chews United's sudden promotion, they have yet to establish a first team and reserve squad. With only a few youngsters on the books at The Cave the questions remains on how they will cope with the pressure of playing Professional football for the first time.

And although they have a new owner the funds are not available with only 10k to spend on a whole squad.

Can you make history and guide Chews United to glory? Do you have what it takes to compete with there fiercest rivals?

If you think you can make history and have a willingness to take Chews United to the top we are looking for you.

Here is a link to the database file.

http://files.filefront.com/Chews+Unitedzip/;11372264;/fileinfo.html

Once you have downloaded the file, simply open My documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2008 and put it in your db file. Make sure u unzip it first before you do so.

Here is a link to the Kits and Chews United logo if you want them in your game.

http://files.filefront.com/Chews+United+Logo+and+Kitsrar/;10605833;/fileinfo.html

Do all of the above but you need to create Two Separate Folders one called Logo and one called Kits and place each pack in the responding file.

Once you have downloaded both, here is how you get them in your game.

Simply open Football Manager 2008, go into preferences, display and sound, make sure you untick skin cache once you have done that press confirm to save the changes.

To make this a challenge you will gain points on how well you do.

Blue Square Premier

1st place 20 points

2 - 5th place - 10points (if you gain promotion from these places an extra 5pts)

6- 10th - 5pts

11-16th - 2pts

17 - 20th - 1pts

21- 24 and relegation - 0pts

you will also gain points in cup competitions as well.

FA Cup

4th QR - 1pts

1st round - 5pts

2nd round - 10pts

3rd round - 20pts

4th round - 30pts

5th round - 40pts

6th round (Quarter Final)- 50pts

7th round(Semis)- 60pts

8th round(Final) - 70pts

Setanta Shield

4th round - 1pts

5th round - 5pts

6th round(Quarter Final) - 10pts

7th round(Semis) - 15pts

8th round(Final) - 20pts

FA Trophy

1st round - 1pts

2nd round - 3pts

3rd round - 5pts

4th round(Quarter Final) - 10pts

5th round(Semis) - 15pts

6th round(Final) - 20pts

Rules

1) No using FM Genie or FM Scout to find players

2) You have 1 week to complete the first season of the challenge

3) Committed players only who will do all challenges set

4) Start with automatic reputation

5) No Resigning if you receive a job offer from the big clubs try to resist temptation but if you do go your points you had required from previous seasons will not count

6) All members of must keep forum posted weekly

I will keep a record of points in a league table on Excel and keep it posted throughout the challenge.

Finally I hope to interest you all with this game and I look forward to hearing from you in the future, I will keep you updated with my game as well.

I have just completed my 1st season and here is how I got on

My Squad of CHAMPIONS

ChewsUnited.jpg

Blue Square Premier

BSP.jpg

FA Cup

FACup3rdRound.jpg

We'll we just managed promotion and to clinch the title on the last day of the season as Torquary lost in the last minute to exeter and guarentee league football for the first time.

In the cup competitions we had mixed results in the setanta shield we claimed our 2nd trophy of the season which seen us do the double, we had a maginificent run in the FA Cup until of all teams Exeter knocked us out in the 3rd round and in the FA Trophy we wre so close but just couldn't manage to progress past the 4th round

The best result of the season by far was this one below

CarlisleDestroyed.jpg

to beat Carlisle who were 2nd in league 1 at that stage of the season and to get a win over one of Chews United's rivals was a massive bonus

• 3 weeks later...

Archived