skins

Place the skin in this location 'My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/skins'. Then load up the game, go into preferences and go to display and sound. Tick 'Always reload skin on confirm' and untick 'use skin cache'. Click confirm. This will load up the new skin. Go back into preferences and untick 'Always reload skin on confirm' and tick 'use skin cache'. Click confirm and away you go. Hope you get that done. :D

i followed the steps you said and the game doen't load the new skin. When i put it in the file it says that it opens with wordpad. should it be opening with something different? plz help quickly am getting frustrated with this

What did you mean about putting it in the file? You don't open the file (skin). Actually have you extracted it?

i put the skin in 'My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Skins'. i went into the skins property and it says that the skin opens with 'wordpad'. Should it be opening with another program? Yes it is extracted.

i put the skin in 'My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/Skins'. i went into the skins property and it says that the skin opens with 'wordpad'. Should it be opening with another program? Yes it is extracted.

i think you might have just copied the one XML file in the skin. to get the skin to work, you have to put all the files that were extracted into the skins folder in My Documents. its loads of different documents, some pictures and some XML files in a few folders

You don't open the skin with anything. You just place it in there and then go into the game preferences and do the above about selecting the skin, unticking skin cache and ticking always reload skin on confirm and confirm these changes. Your skin should load then.

What huw1990 said is right as well. You should be putting a folder with all the files for the skin in the skins folder and not just one file.

i understand wat ur saying. it only downloaded the one file though. i'll have to download another one and unzip it.

what skin are you using and where did you download it from? if you get them from sortitoutsi.net then every one i've seen has the right folders with it

thats where i got the new skin from. the skin works. im still having a problem with when i try to look at my squad or anything to do with the team, the game takes me out to my desktop so i alt+tab and get back in, the game is frozen. Even with my new skin. Wat happening?

the skin works. The whole getting out of the game thing was happening before i got this skin. Couple of other people told me it might of been my old skin stuffing up so i got this new one and its doing the same thing as before.

Archived