Offside Calls

its pretty pointless tbh.. you end up upsetting more people than its worth. even if youre right to complain.

Every comment you make in FM is pointless imo. It might inspire some players but it also upsets loads of players. That's why I've completely given up on the media interaction in FM :D

Every comment you make in FM is pointless imo. It might inspire some players but it also upsets loads of players. That's why I've completely given up on the media interaction in FM :D

The point of it is that it helps develop "bonds" with players. They may eventually list you on their fav personnel. This has advantages if you want to re-sign them if you move clubs, also your media comments can affect players who don't play for you. Hence why i found myself on aguero's fav list, i'd never spoke to him, or even played in spain, but he just agreed with what i had to say to the media.

The point of it is that it helps develop "bonds" with players. They may eventually list you on their fav personnel. This has advantages if you want to re-sign them if you move clubs, also your media comments can affect players who don't play for you. Hence why i found myself on aguero's fav list, i'd never spoke to him, or even played in spain, but he just agreed with what i had to say to the media.

Well in my curent about half of the players in my squad have me listed as one of their favoured personnel without making any comments in the media. I suppose it could be useful having a player that you want to sign having you listed as favoured personnel though...

The media responses are VERY infuential on results but its such a crapshoot that you're better off leaving, I've taken to saying it was a good decision and theres been no hit to team morale (my current team has no whiners in it) and I think it improves your manager rep.

It might be my imagination, but I find agreeing with officials and basically kissing bottom -- over a few seasons -- yields more favourable decisions. First couple of seasons I get all the usual goals chalked off etc, but 3-5 years in I start to see a big change.

But like I said, it might just be my imagination.

Archived