Help: The Save Game Could Not Be Loaded

Can anyone please help me;

I am trying to load up my game (standard game, nothing special going on)....when I load I get kicked out of FM08 and windows flashes up the message "The Save Game Could Not Be Loaded" The last time I played, saved as usual and logged out correctly. I have tried re-installing the game but still no joy....can anyone help PLEASE!!!! Thanks

Well a load of these type of threads have been popping up over the last few days but I don't think there's any proper solutions to the problem. I've had it once before in FM08 & I couldn't find any way to fix it :(

The only way to stop it happening again in the future is probably to keep an up-to-date copy of your save.

They've not just been popping up for the last few days, they've been cropping up for as long as I've been a moderator here (8 years (I should be getting a gold watch soon eh)). You simply must keep back up save games in case of corruption.

They've not just been popping up for the last few days, they've been cropping up for as long as I've been a moderator here (8 years (I should be getting a gold watch soon eh)). You simply must keep back up save games in case of corruption.

Really? I've only noticed the massive amount of these threads over the last week or so (but then again, I've only been a regular poster for less than a month :D)

I doubt you will get any help because your save is corrupt (as it says in the other thread).

You will probably need to start a fresh and make sure that you use 3 file auto rolling save so you have back ups!

I doubt you will get any help because your save is corrupt (as it says in the other thread).

You will probably need to start a fresh and make sure that you use 3 file auto rolling save so you have back ups!

I use the uber-safe sequential auto-save. You do soon fill up hard disk space though.

• 8 months later...

Okay, I had many save games. I had to reinstall windows on my computer a while ago and knew this would wipe everything, so I saved my save game files to a memory stick (lots of them). I recently felt like finishing my season so reinstalled the game, put the save games in the folder documents > sports interactive > games. When I go to load up my save game, they all appear in a list, but when I try to load them they get half way through and then suddenly stop and a message comes up saying "the save game could not be loaded". If I try to start a new game it lets me start as usual, save a and reload with no problems. It is Football Manager 2008 btw and the computer is as it was the last time it all worked okay.

Any ideas? :confused:

Archived