problems installing FM08

alright guys and gal's,

I have recently upgraded my PC to vista ultimate 64 bit, once I finished installing it I decided that I would instal my beloved game but with no suck luck.

As soon as I try to instal it I get the LaunchAnywhere bar which loads upto 100%, after that its comes up with the error "LaunchAnywhere has stopped working" and it has to close it.:confused:

I have search every where for a solution but I still haven't been able to solve this issue and I'm getting withdrawl symptoms lol :p

My PC spec is-

AMD Athlon X2 4400+

4GB memory 800mhz

ATI X1300 256mb

GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H.

Can anyone pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss help lol

Thanks in advance

I haven't installed a update on java, I might do that first.

I didn't get any other info about the error apart from it was closing it.

Its anoying me cause I have friends that have had no issues with the same OS grrrrrrrrrr :mad::p

I have asked nbrocky and Scott who was in the bug posts to see if there was anything that could be done, I did find a post which had a link but just as you said it was inactive so I had no luck there.

I have no idea and none of my mates have a clue either mainly because its the first time we have used Vista.

I don't know then. It may be possible to do a manual install but I'm not sure how to go about it for FM.

I recently had to do a manual install for Mass Effect because the installer was playing up. You would have to get advice from SI themselves for information how to do it though (if it's even possible with FM)

tried looking to see if there was a manual install but there wasn't, i have had some tips from nbrocky but they still never worked. might just put a partition on this with XP on it and run it off there instead lol

If it was me, I'd just back up anything and re install Windows but some people don't take kindly to doing that :D

I have no problem doing it, especially if it means I can play FM when I couldn't before :)

hey guys,

I tried those but still i have not game lol, i did how ever find out the error report for this issue on my system.

Here it is for those who know what this all means.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: setup.exe_LaunchAnywhere

Application Version: 8.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 44a42620

Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000

Fault Module Timestamp: 479194b8

Exception Code: c0000008

Exception Offset: 0008d64b

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 7522

Additional Information 2: 0c16691ab7862d4665ccaf1d5670164f

Additional Information 3: 5616

Additional Information 4: 6858e5b52c51a973005e034be0ccbd00

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 788209362

hope this helps in some way to resolve my cold turkey issue here..

cheers

well guys i have installed vista ulti without SP1 and well its working fine so far, thanks a lot for all your help but I know if anyone else is having the same issue and doesn't have a dvd of this OS then they are stuffed and can't play it.

Archived