Laptop advice for FM09

Dual Core 2Ghz or higher and 2GB of RAM or higher. Use google and search around for the best deal.
Depends what brand of processor is in it ;)

But yeah, I'd agree that a desktop is a better option if you don't need portability.

Well Intel machines are better value for money atm.

Does anyone know how much difference RAM actually makes to game performance. I have 2gb in my laptop at the momment and am thinking of doubling that. I have a 2ghz dual core intel chip (not sure on the specifics).

The trouble is i like to run a lot of leagues, but it is simply too slow at the momment to run the 50 odd leagues i would like to, and after a couple of seasons it becomes quite slow, even with just the major western european and a couple from the the america's

i have recently purchased Dell Inspiron 1525 with:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5550 2GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2GB RAM, Vista Home, 2mb webcam and wireless for £399.

Bizarrely the recommended set up for this specification in the game is only 3 nations with a few leagues running in each, although it can clearly handle much more quite easily.

Have a look in Curry's as seem to be doing a deal better than Dell currently (which is bizarre in my opinion)

Good luck with your laptop hunt.

Tesco have a Inspiron 1525 , Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5550 2GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 3GB RAM, Vista Home Premium, webcam and wireless for £429.

Available in a arrange of colours

The reccomended setup isnt something i would take much notice of

Does anyone know how much difference RAM actually makes to game performance. I have 2gb in my laptop at the momment and am thinking of doubling that. I have a 2ghz dual core intel chip (not sure on the specifics).

The trouble is i like to run a lot of leagues, but it is simply too slow at the momment to run the 50 odd leagues i would like to, and after a couple of seasons it becomes quite slow, even with just the major western european and a couple from the the america's

Before you spend any money on ram check first if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows. If you only have the 32 bit version then any more than 3 is pointless because the 32 bit version of windows can only use about 3.5 gb ram. Anyway various people on this forum have suggested that 2gb is plenty for FM.

Bizarrely the recommended set up for this specification in the game is only 3 nations with a few leagues running in each, although it can clearly handle much more quite easily.

Don't worry, I've got an overclocked quadcore and it tells me the same thing. >_>

Archived