Editing FMF skin to show Form in Selection-view?

krait23

I use the Mercury skin which is the only one I quite like (as it resembles one of the earlier FMs and I never liked the newer skins much), but it irks me that I don't see the players form on the Selection-view as I think I used to. And the player name column is so long that it would easily fit in theory.

I only have the skin in fmf format though which is garbage when I open it with a text editor. So I guess I would have to extract it or something to be able to edit? Is this possible, and if so how? And what would I edit if I get that far?

And if you haven't gathered already, I am a complete n00b when it comes to do anything with skins, so please explain for an idiot ;)

Alternatively I am also open for suggestions of similar looking skins that DO have the feature or come in xml.

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

Krait

Thanks for this, but now I am stuck with not knowing what to edit to make it work. Looking at the original files in the panels.fmf, it seems to me that what appears in the 'Selection' view is determined by the contents of team squad.xml. Yet this file is not included in the skin at all, so I guess the game uses the original, yet the skin only shows an overlong name field and no form or morale (prolly other stuff missing as well but those are the two I really want). So which file does this and where? Anyone know?

See Here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=33799 (Though if as you say that skin doesn't have it's own team squad.xml file, then the form and morale options should show - if you change to the default skin see if the form and moral show, if they do, it's a problem with the Mercury skin, and you should be able to solve it by just copying over the default team squad.xml file when you have extracted it.)

See Here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=33799 (Though if as you say that skin doesn't have it's own team squad.xml file, then the form and morale options should show - if you change to the default skin see if the form and moral show, if they do, it's a problem with the Mercury skin, and you should be able to solve it by just copying over the default team squad.xml file when you have extracted it.)

Thank you so much, you are my hero!

Was exactly the problem with the name field being too long amd just hiding form and morale that way, and the fix from that thread worked for me too!

Archived