slight flaw in game

When i started my carear with Ipswich, the board gave me a contract stateing at the end of a 4 year period i survived relgation from the prem.

i got promoted in my 2nd season and relegated in my 3rd season back to championship. im now 1 game and 1 win away from either 2nd place or winning the championship. in recent weeks the media has said my job is under threat from other canidates, the board are a lil unhappy with my performance, the wages are 10k a week over budget and supporters are lil unhappy with a coupel signing's..

i ask for a contract and as its due to run out this summer and they refuse. 2 days later they offer me a contract but it states prem survial after 4 year period.. iv already had 4 years, so why give me another 4 years considering they are unhapy with me at the moment..?

Board confidence is a well-known flaw in the game, and I think the press comments just feed off this. Don't worry too much about it. Just play the game -- if you meet the targets you shouldn't get fired.

Just a word of warning. The four year plan is the level of the board's current ambition. If you get into Europe or win a cup then their ambition will increase.

Enjoy.

i was top and 2 points clear going into game 38 in season 08/09 and got the same message. i was also refused a new deal, but as soon as i won game 38 the board were worried that i might leave the club as i hadn't signed a new deal yet.

it happened again 2 years later, but this time i was about 10 points clear with 4 games to go. as soon as my lead was beyond man utds reach, i got the same "worried that i might leave" response from the board. so i got a 5 year deal instead. looking forward to the same "shortlist of replacements" message in 3 years time.

oh well im sure i will coem straigh tback down again next season. i mean im not even good enough to win the championship. but i just got 2nd. went down to last game of season, Derby was 3 points clear but my goal diff woudl of taken me above them if i won. it was 2-1 untill they scored in the 90th minute..

i cant seem to play against that 4-1-2-1-2. they pass it about in centre mid like brazilians do. i try tight markign man marking. i try and get the ball down my wings and still they dominate. oh well i go up as runner up. still no silver wear after 4 years.

and now half the world wants my best players.

so keepin ghtem will be hard let alone finding better player to come in..

Archived