Danny Roberts vs Paul Wallace

Here's the highlights:

Danny Roberts

• he scored 1089 goals in total, all of which while playing in the English Premier League
  • 178 of them were for England (from 159 caps, mostly not under my management)
  • his final game was in the Champions League final, which he scored in taking it into extra time where we won 2-1
  • he succeeded me as manager at Braintree Town.

Paul Wallace

• He scored 1073 Goals in total.
  • He scored 1069 Club goals, 4 for N. Ireland.
  • His career spanned 21 seasons.
  • He became Knockbreda Coach, and then Ass Man.

I don't even know some of the names that have voted :D - I've seen Tilla about OTF, but how would he know? Its fixed :(

Tilla used to be very active in the old sign ups before this forum was created, he may well have taken part in the FM06 challenge that spawned Roberts as well.

Frazza!

A NORTHERN MONKEY voted for THE SOUTHERN SOFTIE MANAGER!

A disgrace.

Its a shame you don't have a profile page for him Daf. Whe comparing stats, it'd be more obvious why Roberts scored so many. You seem to be racing away with this too. :(

Can't complain. He was the first man to do it.

tbh, I never knew the achievements of Danny Roberts. Due to the bias of the opening post :D, I'm going to have to vote Roberts, and pray I can stay in the Wallace appreciation social group as a mutual friend and admirer of both.

tbh, I never knew the achievements of Danny Roberts. Due to the bias of the opening post :D, I'm going to have to vote Roberts, and pray I can stay in the Wallace appreciation social group as a mutual friend and admirer of both.

Theres no bias in the OP. I gave my 4 pieces of Gen Knowledge. Should have though of some good'uns, but hey.

True, but Roberts was playing at a much higher level.

Plus, for England he was actually more prolific under the AI management.

Are we allowed to add extra points? Can I show wallace's profile "at his finest" just to allow people to see what an achievement it actually was?

Theres pros and cons for both, And they even only finished 16 goals apart ..!!

Can I change my mind? Or create two aliases to even it up again? I feel like a proper arse.

Me too. This thread's gonna create more arguments than it'll solve :D

Just realised, one post ago, my post count was 1,234 - which is rather sweet!

Here's the highlights:

Danny Roberts

• he scored 1089 goals in total, all of which while playing in the English Premier League
  • 178 of them were for England (from 159 caps, mostly not under my management)
  • his final game was in the Champions League final, which he scored in taking it into extra time where we won 2-1
  • he succeeded me as manager at Braintree Town.

Paul Wallace

• He scored 1073 Goals in total.
  • He scored 1069 Club goals, 4 for N. Ireland.
  • His career spanned 21 seasons.
  • He became Knockbreda Coach, and then Ass Man.

I feel this is slightly biased in Roberts favour

;)

Tilla used to be very active in the old sign ups before this forum was created, he may well have taken part in the FM06 challenge that spawned Roberts as well.

aye i did take part got gateshead to league one, ah the memories tempted to start your challenge up now as im quite bored

Roberts ffs. He did it in the English leagues as well.

Looks at Wallace's profile. Jeesus man, He's awful :D

Looks like the army of Daf followers have voted here. :(

fmfulhamfan, jackyb1989, JoseRR, Living_Legend, mikeytwigge, O\'Hara_fan, SJ234, WBA4LIFE,

Would like to know how those people chose :D I have a couple myself too. Meh. I'm not going to argue. A poll was the fairest way, and if Roberts is voted The all time best 1,000 goal scorer, then so be it. Don't make me break out Gareth Black. 250 odd England Goals and 1,000 goals by age 28. :mad: I have ALL screenies for him too.

Looks at Wallace's profile. Jeesus man, He's awful :D

Looks like the army of Daf followers have voted here. :(

fmfulhamfan, jackyb1989, JoseRR, Living_Legend, mikeytwigge, O\'Hara_fan, SJ234, WBA4LIFE,

Would like to know how those people chose :D I have a couple myself too. Meh. I'm not going to argue. A poll was the fairest way, and if Roberts is voted The all time best 1,000 goal scorer, then so be it. Don't make me break out Gareth Black. 250 odd England Goals and 1,000 goals by age 28. :mad: I have ALL screenies for him too.

Oh go on. Break out Gareth Black, never heard of him.

Oh go on. Break out Gareth Black, never heard of him.

Ok. :D

TooManyGoals.jpg

That him, before the Goals scored for England got "reset"

SecondCount.jpg

And thats him, most recent.

Then there are his other Club goals, which I can offer you, but I'll just give you his profile. Over 1,000 goals scored by the time he was 28.

GarethBlack.jpg

If Wallace was that good, he would have been taken away by a bigger team.

I think I'm going to throw my hat into the Wallace ring. Granted, he was in a weaker league and he wasn't that good but that's exactly the point: he wasn't that good but still banged them in. (I would expect that Roberts' CA was somewhere near the maximum whereas Wallace probably had a much lower CA explaining why he never moved on).

If Wallace was that good, he would have been taken away by a bigger team.

Look at his profile. He wasn't that good at all. He was very loyal, and his personality trait was the loyalty one. On top of that, He had me as fave person and the Club as fave club from pretty much the day I signed him as a 16 year old.

Wegasun - Black was immense :D

Archived