What's your game?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

currently its Barcelona, and just finishing my 5th season. i want this to be the game where i go 30 seasons under the one job (but i always say that and never keep it up)

also im winning everything (going to be my 4th league title, and have won 12 cups) so i'll probably just get bored and move to a low 2nd devision team and try to build them up

Nice, nice. Good luck with the 30 seasons! I would like to attempt a 30 year career at Bradford (don't ask why! lol) and then maybe Farsley Celtic but I might wait for FMH2009. Hopefully they'll have the Blue Square North & South so I could do a Farsley Celtic game if I do wait.

Yeah I need to get back into this and post a story of my season. I've not been playing it much lately because I got the crash bug with Cambridge Utd in the Premiership and Champions League - I hadn't won either yet so I was extremely annoyed it crashed at this point. I might do a 30 year run with a random team and see how it goes and I will update it monthly (in game time).

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping! I thought that I might as well use this thread to update on my Luton team instead of starting a whole new thread on them.

Well, i'm using crickie's update and I started with Luton in League 2.

I won League 2, JPT for my first season in charge of Luton town, and risked losing my top scorer then (Dean Morgan - 43 Goals) due to a lack of wage budget. :(

I thought I might fumbled a little bit in League 1, since my 2nd star striker Talbot was out for 4 months. However, Elvis Hammond rose up to the occasion! Together with Chris Martin/Sam Parkin and a new regen called Tait, my strike-force was formidable once again. (with Dean Morgan sulking at Swensea :D) I finished 3rd in League 1 (won the play-offs) and got promoted to Championship, and winning JPT as well.

Well, now im currently in my 3rd season in charge of Luton, playing in the championship and Luton's on the top of the championship after 33 games, with 72 points. Middlesbrough is behind us with us having only a slight-advantage of 5 points.

Just somemore info, I'm using Jambo Dave's tactic as well as Sugar Daddy, with limitation on what I buy. (I do not mass buy; I use scouting system. Whereby, I only buy a player who I believe has potential and has a nod from my scout.)

Games Played: 162

Games won: 111 - 68.5%

Games drawn: 31 - 19.1%

Games lost: 20 - 12.3%

Goals scored: 452 - 2.79p/m

Goals conceded 219 - 1.35p/m

League Titles: 1

Cup Titles: 2

Manager Points: 935

:D

Here's another update on my Championship game!

Well, I won! And I'm now playing waiting for my new game to be started. It's going to be a hell-time in Premier League, all the weak clubs were relegated (well, some weak clubs survive in Premier League, as a matter of fact) and supposingly the only weak clubs in the premier league now are: Nott Forest, Birmingham and Hull I guess. (as of my season)

Coca-Cola Championship: 1st

English FA-Cup: Runner-Up (lost to Liverpool 2-0 in the finals, beat Spurs 4-3 in the semis AET)

English League Cup: Second Round (forgot who I lost to, I think it was Leeds)

And I won Championship Manager of the Year.

Luton: P46 W28 D15 L3 F 112 A 50 GD 62 Pts 99

Middlesbrough 46 W23 D19 L4 F79 A 37 GD 42 Pts 88

^Just showing the standings for top 2 of Championship :)

Well, I secured the services of:

Aaron Lennon from Spurs, (for a cheap cost of E2.5M! Ramos apparently Tlisted him! :eek:)

Dean Morgan from Swansea, (yes I bought him back for Sweansea, since he suited well for my tactical system, but I guess his going off next season)

Jo from Man City, (cost me E30M .. I hope it'll be well paid off :/ bought him after the last game of season)

and David Wheather (E6.5M from Middlesbrough, acquired half-way through season).

and I have 4 free transfer coming in next season:

Abou Diaby from Arsenal,

Niko Kranjcar from Portsmouth,

Micah Richards from Man City

and Huntelaar from Ajax.

I have a pretty solid team next season, hopefully it's enough to secure an Uefa Cup spot. :thup:

*update: Abou Diaby failed his medical, the rest of the transfers went through, and I've also snapped up Igor Akinfeev on a free transfer. :D Joining us this december!

Beckford was class in that game! Hat-trick if I'm not wrong, Talbot only need 1 more in that game to equalize and gain his first career Hat-trick if I'm not wrong too. :p

*update: I know friendly results cannot be used to judge a player's form for the season, but I finally think Huntelaar's going to be a success for me. His always a flop whenever I get him at United. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

What a start i've made to my season!! :)

Luton P9 W8 D0 L1 F21 A5 GD16 Pts 24

Arsenal P9 W8 D2 L0 F20 A4 GD16 Pts 23

Liverpool P9 W6 D3 L0 F14 A2 GD12 Pts 21

What a start! Indeed, Huntelaar's a proven source of goal for me now. I guess both Talbot and Hammond are slowly hiding in his and Jo's shadows now. Jo assisted 5 of the team goals and getting on the scoresheet for Luton 5 times this season! Huntelaar netted 7! :) and Luton is currently top of the Euro Cup group with 1 play, 1 win, we won NAC Breda 4 - 0! :)

But guess what? Dave Rooney, a regen from Accrington, I bought him for E45k back then, his worth E1.7m now! But that's not the point, the point is, his Luton's top scorer as of now, 9 goals in 10 matches! What a feat. for this 20 years old youngster. Amazing. He plays in the AMC position.

*will update about my league tomorrow.

Im i my second season with chelsea in the year 2016 i just won the prem, fa cup, league cup and champions league i only lost 2 times in te league and dre twice i scored 104 goals and reached 105 points:) i am now starting my 3rd year, if your wondering no im not using any cheats like sugar daddy and im not using a special tactic that wins all the time just a default tactic i tweaked a little and i dont get £50mil to spend every year like at the start the most i have has been £28 mil mostly all the trophys i won last year but in my first season i only had £19mil and spent it al on karim benzema:) who is the balls:P

Games Played: 369

Games Won: 238 - 64.5%

Games Drawn: 54 - 14.6%

Games Lost: 77 - 20.9%

Goals Scored: 836 - 2.27 p/m

Goals Conceded: 416 - 1.13 p/m

League Titles: 2

Cup Titles: 6

Players Bought: 48 - £77M

Players Sold: 8 - £33.5M

Manager Jobs: 4

Manager Points 2883

Ill go into a bit more detail on my kidderminster game.

Season - League - - Board Target - - Final Position

Season 1 - Blue Square Premier - Respectable League Position - 9th ( I think cant really remember )

Season 2 - Blue Square Premier - Respectable League Position - 1st

Season 3 - League 2 - Fight Bravely against relegation - 1st

Season 4 - League 1 - Fight Bravely against relegation - 1st

Season 5 - Championship - Fight Bravely against relegation - N/A *

* Currently on January 1st and are currently 7th in the league after 25 games. Only 4 points of third and 9 off top.

Current Squad:

GKS : Ross Turnbull, Dean Coleman, Geoff Charles

Defenders : Harry Kay, Rory Morrison, Joshua Parker, Gavin Poole, Mark Creighton, George James

Midfielders : Ben Blackburn, Joshua Hopkinson, Junior Turner, Bryan Hughes, Grant Dixon, Alex Richards, Daniel Castro, Alan Dunne, Lloyd Coleman, Lance Gray, Sonny Evans

Strikers : Lee Barnard, Russel Boulding, John Cunliffe, Terry Mason, Danny Lescott ( 122 goals in 3 seasons! )

Tell me how many players you've heard of out of that team!

A bit more:

Games Played : 246

Games Won : 154 - 62.6%

Games Drawn : 40 - 16.3%

Games Lost : 52 - 21.1%

Goals Scored : 610 - 2.48 p/m

Goals Conceded : 359 - 1.46 p/m

League Titles : 3

Cup Titles : 0

Players Bought : 32 - 190k

Players Sold : 9 - 170k

Manager Jobs : 1

Manager Points : 1196*

* Second in Hall of Fame

Currently in Febuary in my first season with Nottingham Forest on Crickie's update

League - 2nd

League Cup - 3rd Rnd Vs Man City

FA Cup - 4th Rnd Replay Vs Watford

Signed

Garreth O'Connor - Free Transfer

Bradley Orr - Free Transfer

Patrick Boyle - Everton - (Loan)

Dean Leacock - Derby - £500,000

Francisco Merida - Arsenal - £525,000

Breno Borges - FC Bayern - £170,000

Jozy Altidore - Virrareal - £850,000

Jose Baxter - Everton - £400,000

John Bostock - Spurs - £400,000

Total - £2,845,000

Sold

Wes Morgan - Portsmouth - £1,500,000

Julian Bennett - Aston Villa - £1,900,000

Gareth O'Connor - Cardiff - £1,300,000 (Great piece of business!)

Andy Cole - Chester - Free Transfer

Total - £4,700,000

Starting as follows

Smith

Wilson Leacock Chambers

Anderson McGugan Merida Moussi Martin

Earnshaw Altidore

Also . . .

Played 35

Won 23

Drawn 6

Lost 6

Scored 85

Conceded 48 :o

137 Manager Points (9th in HOF)

I've kept a little diary on who I have managed, when, and what I have won

July 2007 - October 2009 : Tottenham Hotspur

2007/2008 Trophies : UEFA Cup Winners

2008/2009 Trophies : Premiership Winners, FA Cup Runners Up

2009/2010 Trophies : Community Shield Winners

Resigned after poor start to season, Carlos Ancelotti took over.

December 2009 - March 2010 : Southampton

2009/2010 Trophies : None

Resigned after only winning 2 games in my spell and falling out of love.

July 2010 - July 2018 : Netherlands

Euro 2012 : Semi Finals

World Cup 2014 : 3rd Place

Euro 2016 : Semi Finals

World Cup 2018 : 3rd Place

After my strange way I couldn't get passed the Semi Finals in any cup, I resigned.

January 2016 - July 2017 : Blackburn Rovers

2016/2017 Trophies : League Cup Winners, FA Cup Runners Up

2017/2018 Moments : Semi Finals of UEFA Cup

Resigned after getting bored with Blackburn

July 2018 - July 2022 : Italy

Euro 2020 : Quater Finals

World Cup 2022 : Winners

Resigned after completing winning the World's biggest trophy, and after 12 years managing two international sides (Netherlands my favourite), I put away my passport for a short while.

November 2018 - September 2019 : Manchester City

2018/2019 Trophies : League Cup

2019/2020 Trophies : None

Board randomly sacked me

Current Situation : August 2022 : Unemplyoed

My favourite save I have ever done on any FM game, be it PC or PSP.

Oooh no you don't...

Don't hijack my thread! This isn't a thread where you constantly update us with scores and statistics. I made this thread so people can say who they are and who they will be. This sometimes needs stats yes, but I'm not going to stand for it if I see post after post from you with useless information like scores of your matches!

I am currently Stockport County in the year 2017 (2016/17 season). In the Premier League. 7 League Titles, 26 Cup Titles.

Major Achievements:

- 7676 manager points

- 5 Premier league titles in a row

- Won every top flight trophy available several times

Most Significant Signings:

-F. Fabregas (Arsenal)

-S. Ramos (R. Madrid)

-Anderson (Man. Utd)

I was also Portugal manager for a while.

Won Euro Cup twice

Won World Cup once.

Shortly after my 2nd Euro Cup success i resigned to concentrate on Stockport.

After achieving pretty much everything with Stockport i am thinking of changing clubs.

Your best bet is to go for the hottest regens, i might be pointing out the obvious but do a player search and just have the age set 0-21. Then arrange the list by age youngest to oldest.

You should be able to pick up some great young players, anyone worth 20k upwards is worth looking at. There wages are always low and there should be a lot of good ones.

Just make sure you untick the big club release clause, if it's on of course.

:thup:

Archived