Scouts, Internationals and things

How many people take notice of what the scouts have to say before a game? Like in their match report? I only ask because I decided to take notice of a couple and one said to man-mark a player, whilst another said we shouldn't tackle hard. I thought that was a fair judgement on his behalf but (!) he was totally wrong. I didn't need to man-mark the player as in the end he got a 5 and barely got any of the ball. And, in the other game, I never gave away a freekick as it was all me for the whole ninety minutes.

Another one is the international players and the news item telling you how they did in the previous game? For example, when my player got selected for England I didn't read whether he scored when he played or not. The only reason is because so this hads happened so many times before where about 6 players are selected and all the countries they represent lose and they have bad games.

I dont take any notice of scouts at all, this is one area that needs to be improved for next year as four caps i only take notice of who has been called up and who played and thats it unless its me thats been called up then i like to see if i scored or not

i never take notice of the scouts, its just random help most of the time! its the same when scouting players, it makes no difference what the scouts say, they have been proved wrong countless amounts of time....

as for after international matches, i look to see who was captain and scored for his country. thats not to help me decide on their place in my team, its just for more sentimental reasons, if that makes sence....

Yeah, I mean I used to look to see how my players were doing but I found most of the time they did badly so I gave up looking at the results. I've found that no matter how badly they pkay at International level it, most of the time, doesn't change their performances at domestic level.

Scout reports aren't in enough depth in my opinion. They would need to be in more detail if I was going to edit/modify my playing style for one match.

Edit: I mean scout report on teams and on players. I know you don't need the detail the PC version goes into but it still needs something else. Maybe like a rating on a player such as they would be the ____ best player in that position in the club or their strengths and weaknesses and an insight into their 'hidden' attributes. For example, it could comment on their personality saying they are determined and other information saying they are a big game player etc.

Archived