do you sign the same players?

every single save game you play? or do you go out of your way to sign different players.

i always used to buy the same players. big name players like a right winger/full back from lazio or a 20 year old spanish central midfielder. but i find that the game then pans out the same way.

so now i go out of my way to sign differnet players every time a start a new game.

i used to try to buy different players but i couldnt really keep it up and i always tended to buy the same players at some stage, so now i try to go to clubs with different reputations. i'm at wycombe in league two now so i couldn't sign diogo from portuguesa if i wanted lol

There are just a couple of gems out there that are always worth signing since they aren't very expensive, and that's what I do.

I'm talking about Wijnaldum, Sidnei (young Brazilian DC), Eduardo (young Brazilian that can play everywhere), Kodro (15 y-o striker from I believe Espanyol), Gui Asselin (or whatever his name is, plays for Barca). I always try to sign them (when playing for a high-rep club that is).

Oh and Pirlo is always a good buy when Milan lets him go that is. I only buy him when they let him leave for 30 million (Euros), otherwise I buy Veloso.

But to answer your question: Yes I try to buy the same players every time, but sometimes I just don't need to when I have quality regens.

It depends on how well they did for me in a previous game. On my Sunderland game I always sign Addo on a free as he helps my defence alot but I usually always lose out on Piatti to a bigger club so I was surprised when on one game he signed for me. Also always get Flamini on loan.

Used to always by Arshavin (8.01) but he always played cr*p for me so decided not to get him on my current game and instead invested in Henry Saivet.

I don't tend to start many new games, I just tend to have a few long term games starting from the bottom so I always end up signing regens and missing out on the good young players at the start.

Exactly the same here. I may sign a few players who are the same but it depends on how quick my rise to the top is.

It depends what teams I start games with. Generally I tend to sign the same players. In my Arsenal save, I brought in Soren Larsen and Radek Sirl and also signed them in my current game with Sheff Wed. However, I will look at different options.

piatti, costil, barkroth, van der vaart to name a few... although i've just started an ajax game and with the exception of VDV i'm avoiding players i've signed before. signing younger players who become good works better at smaller clubs, as they are usually regarded as top players from early on. i signed costil for Piacenza and you could see how good he was compared to the rest of the squad.

I try not to build the same squad every game, but sometimes it just happens as you know the players you worked with before and know if there good or not. Marvin Angulo at the start of the game is such a bargain that you have to buy him, also Micah Richards is someone I will always try to sign and Alou Diarra if im in need of a strong midfielder.

always sign the same players for the first season, as i know who works well at prem level, and i sell most of the current squad, apart from about 6 players! after the first season tho, it tends to be different every time...

and postie > £15m for Bentley??? lol i get him for £12 :D:p

I hardly start new games, since I tend to play 'career', meaning I start off and see how I fare over the years. I do tend to see where my star-players/great bargains from FM06 and FM07 were and usually they are available in the next version as well, either on a free transfer or with their contracts expiring within a year.

Seeing how I start out in the Blue Square South with Hayes & Yeading, I don't really have much options to sign established players anyway ;-)

I haven't played that many different games on FM08 - I tend to try career games, but I've noticed that on my current iteration I signed Ryan Taylor 3 times, Jefferson Farfan 5 times, and Micah Richards 5 times. For some reason, I've also fallen in love with Timmy Simons who I kept signing and playing even when he was far too old and crap, and he's now my Ass Man. :D

I'm still on the first save i started on FM05, but I like to bring the same players with me when i move clubs, if i trust them and think they've got it.

I signed Matthew Webb five times for different clubs for a combined total of almost £100m.

Signing the same player at least twice in one savegame is normal for me.

Archived