Soundpacks for FM2009

Hi,

Ok, it might be a bit early for this but as you all or most people know i made what i thought was a very huge successfull soundpack for Football Manager 2008. It has recieved 780 downloads in only 2 months and to me thats not bad for a member that is new to the fm modifications scene. I tried to make a go of creating my own soundpacks website but i think i done it too close to the end of the season.

I am now thinking of hiring a professional company or template maker that can create a custom theme for a football soundpack website but before i do anything like that i want your thoughts. Would you all welcome me to do another soundpack for Football Manager 2009? Obviously i will release updates for them.

This depends on what format Sports Interactive release with the game this year tho. So if anyone from SI would kindly tell me in the pre-game release notes it would be a good head start for me and i will know what i need. I doubt that tho and will probably have to wait till the release to find out.

As promised a few months ago i have took this project up on a long-term plan and i intend to stick to my word.

Your thoughts please.

Thanks,

nova2005.

On you go timster, just make sure you give the credit to me :).

fmplanet.org is now shutdown coz i dont have the time to do my own community. If any communitys out there want me to do an FM2009 Soundpack for them then come and see me. :D

I was hoping for more responses than this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

N0va, your FM08 soundpack was a great attempt and I very much welcome a new one for FM09. Hopefully with your new-found experience you'll be able to improve the quality - mainly I found the club/player chants far too quiet and a bit amateurish. Maybe you could even write out a list of what the fans are actually chanting! The potential is certainly there with a bit of noodling to create a superb utility. :thup:

I'll add my voice to the 'bring out one for FM09' clan!

Although, with FM08 mine only really had a couple of extra chants now and again....obviousley I looked in the file and there were loads of great (and some funny) chants - but they never seemed to work properly on my game last time.

Looking forward to a new one if you make one.

Would the 08 soundpack not work in 09? Has anyone tried?

I'll add my voice to the 'bring out one for FM09' clan!

Although' date=' with FM08 mine only really had a couple of extra chants now and again....obviousley I looked in the file and there were loads of great (and some funny) chants - but they never seemed to work properly on my game last time.

Looking forward to a new one if you make one.

Would the 08 soundpack not work in 09? Has anyone tried?[/quote'] I've tried the FM08 soundpack....Didn't work.

Had to put it in via the steam folder, i;e C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data then "sounds" and "Match events" I think that is right?

Ticked "All" sound in prefs, sliders on the middle during the match..nothing, unless i've done something wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
For anyone thats interested I found some FM 09 Sound packs.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/FMTeamChants[/Quote]

SIMPLE INSTALLATION - JUST COPY TWO FOLDERS PROVIDED INTO THE FM INSTALLATION ON YOUR COMPUTER.

The packs put many songs of your favourite team plus many non-team specific chants into your Football Manager game. They will transform your game for just ₤1.99 per team.[/Quote]

Lol 1.99 a team :O so if you got all the Prem League teams it would cost 40 quid no thanks.

It says for Fm 07,08 and 09. Why would people want to pay for chants for Fm 07/08 when they can get them for free from Fm Sites. Instead of charging people 1.99 a team the guy should be directing people to the sites where they can download full soundpacks for Fm 07 and 08 for free!!

I wonder why S.I. can't add a new Sound forum and encourage a community effort, maybe offer some modest cash bounties or corporate goodies for good samples - bit like Open Source bounties?

Get some wonderful, real, unique sounds from all round the world then.

Either way, bounty of not, fostering the desire to do this within the community would be great!

I wonder why S.I. can't add a new Sound forum and encourage a community effort, maybe offer some modest cash bounties or corporate goodies for good samples - bit like Open Source bounties?

Either way, bounty of not, fostering the desire to do this within the community would be great!

Sounds good mate I would like this to happen as well, on another note much better answer than Barkermush`s answer.:thup:

• 1 month later...

They'd also run the risk of having the odd 'easter egg' uploaded too though - things which would offend someone's grandma while they were playing the game ;)

Would really love a good soundpack with real chants. Fmbase would probably be willing to host such things if anyone does come up with a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived