Please help PC broke and now I have to Restart before Tom

Im so mad, my PC broke and everything had to be deleted and i LOST MY SEASON (where I was building Sampodoria into a power house before they sold there franchise to someone else and he fired me for no dam reason and got hired by Serie B team Chievo, so upset i lost it!) And i just got my laptop back last week. I had a good facepack and the older patch downloaded. So i been thru it before even tho I dont remember a thing and had a tough time the first time, but it should be easier. So im going out of town tomarrow and going to be in the car for a long time. I want to get a season going while im in the car tomarrow. But I need to download the patch and a good facepack today. Can some one PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE HELP ME. Can some one post or give me a link to step by step directions on how to do put a facepack and the latest patch onto my PC and use in the game. The most detailed instructions because im not to smart PC wise. I want a facepack with the most pics and the latest patch. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TODAY. I looked, searched for awhile, but all my time was spent on looking and trying to find this forum that i had a account on (because all my favs were erased) and i have to go to a family reunion soon. Thanks so much

First of all here is a link to the latest patch: http://rapidshare.com/files/93562173...2_boxed-pc.rar

Download that and when it is done you have to extract it. Just right click and choose the extract here option. When it is extracted you will see a new icon appear and double click on this to install the patch.

To download facepacks you need to go to maybe sortitoutsi.net to find one you want. Download it and then create a new folder called graphics in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008. Extract the file to here. Next thing is to start your game and go into preferences. Go to display and sound and turn off the skin cache and select always reload skin on confirm. Confirm the changes and your facepack should now be in the game. You then to go back into preferences to turn back on skin cache and uncheck always reload skin on confirm. Hope you get all that. :)

I forgot to add that you need a program called WinRar to extract the files. If you don't have it you can download it from here

Archived