Lack of staff

Every time I start a new game the first thing I do is look for 6/7 star coaches. Also every time I look, I see 1 or 2 which are of this quality, usually either at AC Milan or Man U. The clubs they're contracted to arent the problem, the problem is that there is only a single person with a 18/19/20 in defence, or 18/19/20 in attack. Now I see how too many would make the game a bit easy but wtf? Is there any way to increase total staff choices or just bump up the stat points in general or something, cus this is starting to really do my head in.

I just did a search for all staff with 16 in attack, and I got 25 results. 25 clubs with attack coaches at 16 or above? Yeah, totally. ><

dont forget, the coaches are like players.. their attributes go up given time... not many of them start off as 7* rated, but a lot of them get there, and some of them pretty damn quickly

Well I usually load england, scotland, italy, spain, france and germany, the core european leagues, but if loading other leagues will increase the pool of staff I could try that.

As for coaches levelling I didn't know that, that's useful information aswell thank you.

The problem is, I *always* play newcastle and I like to get 7* coaches so that I have that extra inch of ability to finish high in the league so I can increase my rep and open up bigger transfer options (Damn low reputation! :p) The hire and forget mentality also helps :)

I've found there to be a distinct lack of 7* coaches, and - sadly - not much information (in game) on what stats to find to get such good coaches. Luckily talking to people online, etc, is a good way of working this stuff out, but maybe an extra hint or two in the game would be helpful.

I mean - it's easy to work out how to get a 7* fitness coach, but it took me yonks to work out how to get a decent set-piece or ball control coach.

I've found there to be a distinct lack of 7* coaches, and - sadly - not much information (in game) on what stats to find to get such good coaches. Luckily talking to people online, etc, is a good way of working this stuff out, but maybe an extra hint or two in the game would be helpful.

I mean - it's easy to work out how to get a 7* fitness coach, but it took me yonks to work out how to get a decent set-piece or ball control coach.

Page 35 of the manual that comes along with your fm2008 cd...

Another useful thing would be to have staff with a variety of nationalities. For instance, if you have a coach with a full bar knowledge of both England and Denmark, there will be more coaches to be found of English and Danish nationality, but few Italian ones.

If you, on the other hand, sign a crappy Italian coach, he brings you the knowledge of Italy (when he has a full bar of Italy), so after a little while, you also get to see more Italian staff in your searches.

This is the reason why I usually go for semi-decent staff, sign them for a year and after a few months of accumulating knowledge, I sign newer/better ones while sacking my old ones.

Archived