Some common sense from AI managers.

I have a few youngsters in my team, about 4 really good 16 years olds. One 16 year old who has scored 10 in 14 apps is wanted by a few clubs. I'm in the prem, best team by a country mile. This player obviously has a GREAT future, and Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd offer me 2.7m for him. Right. Obviously, I say no.

I wish AI clubs would show some common sense, if I was a small club, fine. They would be likely to make cheeky bids but when I'm the biggest club in the country (world, actually) why would I sell such a good player to my main rivals for peanuts?

yeah it would be nice if they did, although them doin this prevents your players getting unsettled!! have 2 great prospects, both cb's, and they are being chased by almost every top club in italy, spain and england, yet not one of the transfer bids i've had is above their actual value in the game! one is 18, the other 21, so why on earth would i want to sell them just for their current value when its blatantly only going to go up, and hopefully by a hell of a lot??

I know it's not exactly the same topic, but I want to make a complaint that at least connects in the field of common sense, and I don't wish to start a new thread on the matter as I'm not sure it's appropriate.

I'm managing Man. United, and I am SICK of my scouts constantly recommending Arsenal and Chelsea players. I wouldn't mind if they were recommending unestablished youngsters or unsettled players where the realistic chances of me successfully bidding for them might be higher than about 0%. But that's not what they do. I constantly get told that my scout recommends Francesc Fabregas or Petr Cech or Emmanuel Adebayor!

For god's sake!! A) I know all about these players because I am a football manager and not a blind, deaf and dumb person living on Mars with my head firmly wedged into the Martian landscape and B) I don't pay you to constantly recommend the same players! Just once, it would be nice if you saw fit to recommend players I might not be aware of and who I might have a kitten's chance in hell of signing!

After all, that's just common sense.

Sorry, Neji. You may have your thread back.

I had one young player who I got some 50 enquires/ bids for in the summer transfer window one season. They didn't even go up that much, they started at around £2 mil, and then 10 clubs bit that. Then when I rejected everyone enquiers started from some smaller clubs... I then set his value at around £25 mil (I would have actually accepted), then the big clubs came back in with bids of around £4 mil!

Wow! That's negotiation for you.

Thats ok Mike. I guess common sense is hard to program :)

The AI is the one thing that I think is really lacking in FM. Even the media is ok compared to the AI. You see managers sign players for 20m and never play them, that just doesn't happen. Or rarely, at least. I'd just like to see much cleverer AI managers.

2.7 for a 16 year old is a reasonable bid really considering he is only playing agansit other kids his own age,who says he will make it when he gets older.

It was my impression from the original post that the 16 year olds were breaking into the youth team. So not just playing against kids.

And even if they were, didn't Arsenal pay 12 million or something for Walcott - a youth player in a lower league?!

we been complaing about this issue for 3-4years now

transfer system needs sorting

constant enquiries with same money and low low bids over and over for supertalents gets very boring and repeating

only thing to do about it is offer new contracts to u/18 teams best players alot

Transfers are one of the flaws in the game. Once the transfers are sorted and the corner "exploit" is removed then SI can have a free run at concentrating on the other minor aspects of the game that need improvement.

Hopfully FM09 will fix these problems.

Surely the corner 'exploit' is the least of our worries - people only use it if they want to.

I choose not to use it, but the fact that it exists doesn't bother me in the slightest. Others may be getting more success than me because of it - but what do I care about some stranger on the internet doing better than me at a game?

Having said that, with the way some people on here go round boasting about how long they've played the game, or how many goals their strikers score, I'm surprised we haven't had people posting quite private pictures as an illustration of their supposed 'longevity'. :p

2.7 for a 16 year old is a reasonable bid really considering he is only playing agansit other kids his own age,who says he will make it when he gets older.

Consider that these players are in my first team. My 16 y/o striker scored 10 in 14 Premier Lagues apps. He went on to finish the season with 17 and I'm still getting bids of 2-3m for him. Obviously, I am not going to sell this player for such a little fee, especially to my closest rivals. I shouldn't even be getting bids for him, unless they are worthy of even considering.

Arsenal bought Fabregas for peanuts from Barcelona so big sides taking younger players off each other for a paltry fee isn't that unrealistic to be honest.

Fabregas was 'poached' by Arsenal. There was nothing Barcelona could do about it.

Plus, this is one example. Hardly happening all the time.

Archived