Need quick help regarding work permit

I've just agreed to sign Oscar Ustari for blackburn but he has been denied a work permit. He is considering spanish citizenship, is there anything i can do to encourage him to take citizenship or something? I desperately need a replacement goalkeeper and i've got a good deal on him but i'm stuck as what to do. I also read somewhere that i could just sign him anyway and then give him a new contract straight away and he has a better chance of getting a work permit, would this work?

Thanks in advance

Appealing the decision for someone whose status is like that of Ustari's, and people who are not as high profile often, will get you the permit, check the scout report to see what it says about the chances of getting a permit, will normally tell you if an appeal will be succesful

Thanks for the quick reply, i did appeal but it was still turned down. I have a just over a month till the transfer deadline, should i just sit tight and hope he takes citizenship or sign someone else?

I would look at other targets but still keep an eye on him as he is likely to take up citizenship as players usually do when they need it to become EU and to remove the need for them needing a work permit in the future. I have only seeing it waiting for years when players like Ronaldo would never take English Citizenship as he is already an EU citizen but Tevez would as he is non-EU.

I forgot about the scout report part, my scout says i should go for other targets because he won't get a work permit

I'd still keep an eye on him as if he accepts Spanish citizenship he won't need a work permit.

Archived