training YTH players

When training YTH players is it best to give them all round training ie a lil bit of every thing and keep it that way for all yth. or is it better to give more defensive training to a defensive player, im thinking because they have low stats in all areas they need a lil bit of every thing

I still split my youth players into different categories e.g. defensive, attacking etc. but not as much as senior players. Youth players generally need more strength and aerobic training to boost their physical stats.

i have 5 training schedules for Youth players, with each schedule having a major focus

Goalkeeper; Defence; Midfield; Winger; Attack.

Goalkeeping has no Defence, Attack or Shooting Training

Defence has no Shooting Training

Midfield has all areas on an equal training level

Winger focus' on Attack & Set Pieces

Attack has no Defence Training

Match practice combined with training molds the direction of youth development, so if i can minimise the improvement of inappropriate attributes through training, my youth *should* develop well

I often look a the league standard im playing in ...

For example... lets say im Altrincham and have a decent young striker. Now... his potential ability might be like ... 50 or something ... and his current ability 35-40. That means we dont get a whole lof out of him anymore. That means is 'smarter' to train him on specific skills instead of just physical skills.

So pay attention to their coaching report: "Doesnt feel there a whole lot of improvement to get out of him" or something like that on Potential.

Archived