Unused transfer funds

Sorry if this has been asked, I did a quick search but couldn't find any info.

I am at Arsenal and have been given a massive transfer budget. I'm trying to land Hubchsman (spelling!) from Man City. Don't laugh, I need a third choice RB! I can't bothered playing tag with City on the fee so am happy to just say "Here's $20m, give me Tomas." I have about 50m to spend and this is the only transfer I need, and it's just a backup!

My question (finally) is, do unused transfer funds get recycled back into the banks kitty? Arsenal still has a sizable debt and it would cool to clear it!

thanks folks

Probably won't happen to you at Arsenal - but the most annoying upshot of this scenario is when a club decides to CUT your transfer budget in the following season in spite of you not spending it before.

I had this in a game where I took over at Leeds a couple of months before the end of the season - they gave me a multi-million pound transfer pot and a healthy wage allowance. At the end of the season that transfer pot all but disappeared and the wage allowance was cut, despite me selling a few players to improve the finances. Totally ruined my preparations.

Transfer budget is recalculated at the start of each season based on the club's financial season so it is neither cut nor raised really, just re-calculated as an amount the board deems sensible to spend based on their current finances.

Transfer budget is recalculated at the start of each season based on the club's financial season so it is neither cut nor raised really, just re-calculated as an amount the board deems sensible to spend based on their current finances.

But is is hard to take when you have managed to cut the wage bill AND increase the bank balance, yet still get less transfer funds!

Something to keep an eye on when offered a job, check that the clubs finances are fit enough to maintain the transfer and wage budget the offer you as an incentive.

But is is hard to take when you have managed to cut the wage bill AND increase the bank balance, yet still get less transfer funds!

Something to keep an eye on when offered a job, check that the clubs finances are fit enough to maintain the transfer and wage budget the offer you as an incentive.

I never saw that happen but maybe it is due future income e.g. if you increased Man United's bank balance but they failed to qualify for the Champions League for the following season meaning they lose out on future income of around £20m or £30m.

Archived