Suggestion - Manager.

Since the start of the CM and then the FM series you have always created your own profile. Having to build up your repuatation and favourites list, but how about being a current manager? For example being able to be Sir Alex Ferguson, you'd start at Man Utd, you'd have the player's respect automatically and the history. Instead of the player's being unsure about you as you have no history or credentials, you'd be slotting into the club. You could then have a choice of building up your repuation as yourself or starting with a reputation under the name of a current manager.

Thoughts?

sorry, but no. the game, for me, is about you personally taking over and making it YOUR club, doing things your own way. to a certain extent, you give yourself a reputation at the start, but half the fun is starting afresh in the game, having a swipe at people you dont like, and praising the ones you do. to me, the game is all about what kind of impact you personally can make on the footballing world that is fm

Agree with rinso. I have no interest in pretending to be someone else, tbh. I can see the attraction, I guess but isn't this a bit like starting with World Class rep? That way, they repsect you etc. It could be a nice idea, but not for me.

It's not a bad idea, but it's not for me. I think that, with the new addition in FM08 (or was it in FM07?) of being able to set your reputation by setting your player history, we've overcome some of the obstacles of being a new, fresh, and unknown manager!

It's not a bad idea, but it's not for me. I think that, with the new addition in FM08 (or was it in FM07?) of being able to set your reputation by setting your player history, we've overcome some of the obstacles of being a new, fresh, and unknown manager!

Yeah, that feature was brought in for FM07 iirc.

Archived