Getting players to become coaches?

Is there anyway to do it? Like any tricks to get them to become a coach.

I've had three players recently retire who all said they would stay in the game. Now my all-tim top goalscorer is coming to the end of his career and he too says he wants to stay in the game, and I'd be upset to see him retire without being offered a coaching role.

I've already said that he'd make a great coach and he responded well, but so did one of my other players.

I've been wondering about this as well, seems like a lot of players who say that they will definitely remain in the game when they retire, just disappear when they retire instead of letting me sign them as my new coaching protege, really gets my goat tbh

Go to "Player interaction" and say you think "Player X would become a great coach" - and they will agree. Then, when they get close to retiring, a Staff Profile will appear.

whenever i do that, they just say they want to concentrate on playing :(

I think I have it. I've been saying my top goal scorer should become a coach. He was on 'Looking at the possibility', then I said it again and it said 'Seriously thinking about it' then I did it again (around 4 months later) and now he is 'definately staying in the game'. I think that if I say it agian nearer his retirement date, it might just push him into having a staff profile.

Archived