Fm2009

Hello guys!

I really wonder what is going on or what is the progress of FM2009...

Still no news or something and am really worrying...

Do the developers have as main priority FML and left a bit begind FM2009??

I remember the previous years, we used to have news of the new game usually at the end of June or July..Well now is August and still nothing...Not even a single feat or a screenshot..

So am not moaning or something but I would really like to know what is going on with the FM2009...

I would like a response from the developers at least something that will show me that something is "moving" with the new FM..

Thanks in advance!

if you read all the replies Miles gave on the subject, you'll see that they already said that news will start coming in (as always if i might add) at the end of this month.

so patience :)

Different teams but one company--->SEGA

Actually, SI. SEGA don't work on FM. The only members of the FML team were recruited specifically or taken from the Hockey game. No one was taken off the FM team.

I dont get why people come onto the forums to ask for when the game is released or information.

1. its never released untill November-ish

2. its that late for many reasons (SI wont tell you)

3. Just as any other piece of entertainment there has to be a marketing pitch. ( Advertising etc)

4. Asking for information, will result in.. No information

People you have FM2008 just play that or occupy yourselves doing something else untill the game is released.

I dont get why people come onto the forums to ask for when the game is released or information.

1. its never released untill November-ish

2. its that late for many reasons (SI wont tell you)

3. Just as any other piece of entertainment there has to be a marketing pitch. ( Advertising etc)

4. Asking for information, will result in.. No information

People you have FM2008 just play that or occupy yourselves doing something else untill the game is released.

Plus it would actually take less time to just do a google search or a search through these forums & get the information from a reliable source. Instead, they think it's easier/faster to post their message & then wait for usually over an hour to get someone to tell them the same information that they would have got from the search. I just don't get it :D

So you're just assuming...

So are you, TBH. The Chavistic fanboy responses to legitimate questions/issues dont help matters. Its also legitimate to question whether SI is being a little too smug in their attitude toward their fanbase. Along with the new 'no view unless registered' rules that now govern the forums, the wall of silence SI projects in regard to FM 2009, makes me believe that the higher ups in SI/SEGA have lost touch with the ordinary fan and feel little desire to please them.

So are you, TBH. The Chavistic fanboy responses to legitimate questions/issues dont help matters. Its also legitimate to question whether SI is being a little too smug in their attitude toward their fanbase. Along with the new 'no view unless registered' rules that now govern the forums, the wall of silence SI projects in regard to FM 2009, makes me believe that the higher ups in SI/SEGA have lost touch with the ordinary fan and feel little desire to please them.

SI never give out details as early as this. They'll let us know bits and pieces before the inevitable beta is released. Why would they release new features so early that their rivals would be tipped off?

'No view until registered' is probably just an oversight after the change of forum host. I'll let them know.

SI never give out details as early as this. They'll let us know bits and pieces before the inevitable beta is released. Why would they release new features so early that their rivals would be tipped off?

'No view until registered' is probably just an oversight after the change of forum host. I'll let them know.

Thanks Serpico. :)

While other companies might make footie games, SI pretty much stand alone in the management sim field. Even if a competitor got the entire blueprint for FM09 and put it in their product, would anyone buy it? IMO, SI have a bankable and theft-proof reservoir of customer trust and loyalty. I might be wrong, but if I was the SI head man I would actually be more open about prospective future features and let the SI community debate them. It would keep the community interested in the SI product and would make it less likely that they might look elsewhere out of boredom.

Thats my :2cents:

As my message says I want a reply from developers not from some people that "lick" SI..All of you above are developers?

Probably not so keep doing your own job and let me get the information that I want because am a customer of the SI for 12 years so I have the right to ask when I see something is going wrong!

Also those that say it is too early to give us something, let me remind you that news come usually at the end of June or July...

I would love some news on new features etc, and screenshots, and a demo, and oh, beggar it, release the game now so we can start the 08-09 season! I am sure SI will give it to us when it is good and ready, guess that makes me a fanboy then

Am talking about the previous releases....

So your basing your assumption that something is wrong just because they are releasing information a little bit later this year? That means bugger all to us other then the fact that perhaps SI have decided to release information slightly differently this year. There is nothing to suggest whether or not FM is on track or not, and SI aren't going to release any information just because you've been a customer for 12 years so you may as well just wait like everybody else has to.

SI won't release any information until it is commercially viable to do so. Kind of like a game of chicken with their "rivals" at Champ Manager. You might not like it but SI - and the FM series - do not exist to give us a fix. They exist to make money, as they are entitled to.

They've lost a few of their more over-sensitive customers because of the flaws in FM08 (which were admittedly more pronounced than bugs in previous versions) so I think it's understandable they won't say anything until a) they are sure it's too late for their rivals to snaffle their features, and b) they are confident in the game themselves.

The info we all crave usually comes through by the end of August with a demo following in September, then the game mid-end of October. *USUALLY*

At the end of the day, SI will release the info when they want to - and are not OBLIGED to release it sooner - and the game will come out when it's technically and commercially ready.

I think that's covered it.

SI are one of the only companies who have a devoted forum like this where they actively look for good ideas and their responses.

I don't see what difference it makes if we get a load of info now or in a months time. Is it going to make us get the game any quicker?

Even if we don't get any info, we can only base our opinion on FM09 after playing it.

I'm assuming that someone else is assuming? Despite their being nothing released about the game (as expected, read the sticky) and it being well known that FM Live has a different production team?

:D

I'd love for you to explain how they have 'lost touch', after just going through a software change on their OFFICIAL forums...

Guys please learn to speak with your ears and read with your mind..

Did I mention somewhere that I want the game to be released now?

Did I ask WHEN the game will be released??

Did I ask for SI to hurry up the production??

I just worried because of no news is that so hard to understand??

Or is it so hard for a developer to just say we working on it and we will give you some info soon?

Till is August and we have no news at all am afraid the game is at the very early stage..

I want to mention also that I prefer the game will not be realeased early like previous years(because of, as someone above said, marketing reasons) with full of bugs...I don't like buying a game on October and play it on January after patches...

As my message says I want a reply from developers not from some people that "lick" SI..All of you above are developers?

Probably not so keep doing your own job and let me get the information that I want because am a customer of the SI for 12 years so I have the right to ask when I see something is going wrong!

Also those that say it is too early to give us something, let me remind you that news come usually at the end of June or July...

so you basically said Serpico licks SI?

Plus it would actually take less time to just do a google search or a search through these forums & get the information from a reliable source. Instead, they think it's easier/faster to post their message & then wait for usually over an hour to get someone to tell them the same information that they would have got from the search. I just don't get it :D

These lazy people :). your absolutely right though. Even then though why ask when there are a trillion others posts in the same day

Thanks Serpico. :)

While other companies might make footie games, SI pretty much stand alone in the management sim field. Even if a competitor got the entire blueprint for FM09 and put it in their product, would anyone buy it? IMO, SI have a bankable and theft-proof reservoir of customer trust and loyalty. I might be wrong.:

To make it very simple. You are wrong. Research from FM08 was used in places other than FM.

• SI Staff

There's no reason to get worried about anything. The current plan is to release information about FM 2009 around the end of the month and we've stated this many times every time this comes up.

Guys please learn to speak with your ears and read with your mind..

Did I mention somewhere that I want the game to be released now?

Did I ask WHEN the game will be released??

Did I ask for SI to hurry up the production??

I just worried because of no news is that so hard to understand??

Or is it so hard for a developer to just say we working on it and we will give you some info soon?

Till is August and we have no news at all am afraid the game is at the very early stage..

I want to mention also that I prefer the game will not be realeased early like previous years(because of, as someone above said, marketing reasons) with full of bugs...I don't like buying a game on October and play it on January after patches...

I don't think anyone's having a go at you personally, Alekos. *I* certainly wasn't. It's just that regular users are getting annoyed at the constant stream of requests for FM09 release dates/information etc. All the information that has been released is in the sticky at the top of the forum and if anyone doesn't believe it they can do a search and look at the 10-or-so posts that come up per week. You just got unlucky that this is the thread people are posting on.

Hopefully Ter's comments will put this thread to rest.

There's no reason to get worried about anything. The current plan is to release information about FM 2009 around the end of the month and we've stated this many times every time this comes up.

Thanx a lot Ter!

By this time if there rivals haven't already had there concepts made then that seems a bit odd.

Exactly. Why is this year so much different. I think they may be trying to fix all the bugs they had last year. Si aren't a big company and they are definitely not getting any bigger. To be honest we should have heard some news on what they were thinking about. I personally think SI have been distancing themselves further from the community since the beginning of this year.

Ea did that and they started losing shareholders. So.....

Maybe SI are spending more time with bugs, making sure there isn't a repeat of last year?

Thing is, they are working on it. Info or not, we won't get it any quicker. Patience is a virtue, afterall.

Archived