That 1billion bug

thought it was £2 billion??? there's ways around it anyways... obviously buying high and selling low... if worst comes to worst, download fmm and edit your clubs bank balance...

I'm sorry for my 'noobishness', but can someone explain this 1bil/2bil bug to me?

Its a bug in the games coding where the game cant cope with numbers above 2 billion, so if your bank balance reaches 2 billion, it resets to minus 2 billion. It might work the other way, but i dont think anyone has tried

There's no need to fix the limit.

What needs to be fixed is the ability to get anywhere near that much money in the first place.

It should never be possible.

It is possible, it would just, obviously, take a very long time. The amount of money teams like chelsea and man utd make every year is phenomenal.

Say United were to win the treble again; you've seen how much money you're given after winning a match in a cup competition, and then the amount of money you get for winning the cup itself. Tack that onto the amount of qualifying money you recieve, TV coverage money, etc. It's entirely possible, given enough time.

i wonder how quick people get to 2billion when theyre using a currency that is like 300 to every 1 pound sterling. must break the bank pretty quickly.

Doesn't work like that. If i remember correctly all balances are stored as Pound sterling and then converted to regional currency. Therefore i think i'm correct in saying that the bug only occurs when your balance becomes the equivalent of 2.14 (or whatever) billion pounds. If i'm wrong i apologise but i'm pretty sure that's the case.

It is possible, it would just, obviously, take a very long time. The amount of money teams like chelsea and man utd make every year is phenomenal.

Say United were to win the treble again; you've seen how much money you're given after winning a match in a cup competition, and then the amount of money you get for winning the cup itself. Tack that onto the amount of qualifying money you recieve, TV coverage money, etc. It's entirely possible, given enough time.

Akter is right.

When clubs get richer and make increased profits several things will normally happen:

1) They will pay out more dividends to shareholders

2) They will improve the squad, training, stadium, non-playing staff etc etc

3) They will be forced to pay more for players and to pay players and staff more money

4) They will invest money that is still surplus after all of the above is it is a much more efficient use of millons of pounds than leaving it lying in a ban account marked 'money for ludicrous transfer fees'.

In short, both in football terms and in business terms, there is NO WAY a club would ever end up with £2bn cash sitting in a bank account.

Saying that, google is report to have about $5m dollar cash currently, although from an article I read in the times I think they're planning on using that to get into renewable energy.

Archived