Contributing Factors to scouts retaining knowledge?

wouldnt mind knowing this either, seems you have to keep sending them there over and over again, as soon as they finish the first time. and if they have more than one assignment, its a waste of time!

I've wondered this as well and it does get very annoying.

What i do now is just send scouts to the same place all the time so they don't lose their knowledge but of course you can only do this depending on how many scouts you have and which areas of the world you want to scout. Although i might have one who i send to all the other places just in case there are any players from the smaller nations worth signing.

Within weeks seems unrealistic. But generally in a year or so a new batch of kids are generated. Players leave the league, players join. So it wont be too long before the scouts knowledge begins to decrease, because things have changed there.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a bug, scouts are supposed to lose knowledge over time. It does seem to happen rather quickly though, when my scout goes to a region like Eastern Europe he loses the knowledge of the first countries he's scouted before he's finished the assignment.

In my opinion if it is going to work like this then you should have country specific choices to avoid what happens in dafuge's example. I want knowledge of some eastern european countries but I can't scout them independently so I will never have full knowledge unless I get a feeder or a scout from said nation.

I generally don't send a scout to more than 3 big countries (or 5-6 smaller ones, like the Scandanavia region) if I want him to retain his knowledge of all the countries he's scouting. For example, I have a guy who does Holland/Germany/Italy and another guy who does France/Belgium/Switzerland. The scouts cycle back quickly enough not to lose any knowledge, in my experience.

(And gosh, Belgium has tons of cheap & talented youngsters. Every year I just take my shopping cart though that country and stock up on talent. Feels like stealing.)

Archived