Network Game - How to

First off, apologies if this has been asked before but i'm fairly new and have been searching through threads made trying to find something similar to this with no joy.

Anyway, my question is: How do I set up a network game with someone who isn't playing in the same house as me?

I tried to set up my first ever network game earlier, to play against my brother while I wait for either FM Live or FM 09, and we failed miserably. I went into "Network" on the menu screen, then I started up a new game with a lot of the leagues. Added myself as manager and went into the preferences screen to check that "Run as Server" was ticked. Everything seemed to be working fine until I told my brother to join. No matter what he put in (Name of the game, name of the server, IP address) none of it would work.

So I suppose i'm asking, what am I doing wrong? Is it the way we're setting it up? Is it something i've done?

Just as a note, we've both got the latest patch version (v8.0.2). And both can make single player games, no problem, using the v8.0.2 database.

Any help with this would be appreciated, as it would mean I don't have to keep rocking back and forth waiting for FM 09 or until I get access to FM Live.

First off, apologies if this has been asked before but i'm fairly new and have been searching through threads made trying to find something similar to this with no joy.

Anyway, my question is: How do I set up a network game with someone who isn't playing in the same house as me?

I tried to set up my first ever network game earlier, to play against my brother while I wait for either FM Live or FM 09, and we failed miserably. I went into "Network" on the menu screen, then I started up a new game with a lot of the leagues. Added myself as manager and went into the preferences screen to check that "Run as Server" was ticked. Everything seemed to be working fine until I told my brother to join. No matter what he put in (Name of the game, name of the server, IP address) none of it would work.

So I suppose i'm asking, what am I doing wrong? Is it the way we're setting it up? Is it something i've done?

Just as a note, we've both got the latest patch version (v8.0.2). And both can make single player games, no problem, using the v8.0.2 database.

Any help with this would be appreciated, as it would mean I don't have to keep rocking back and forth waiting for FM 09 or until I get access to FM Live.

best off having a look in here >> http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20 thats the online forum...

Archived