Not notified of job vancancies

During my games i'm never told on my news screen if a job becomes available, even big clubs. Only if i'm linked in the media with it. I have to resort to just keeping an eye on the job vancancies section.

Is this the same for everyone else? or is there some option that i have missed? It's quite frustrating hoping that one of the bigger jobs becomes available and then to find they've changed manager without me noticing.

cheers

yea I think its the same everywhere. Most sackings get media coverage though, right?

I never get any info actually in my mail box thing, they probably come up in the list which scrolls past when the game is loading other results but i don't really notice them.

I'd expect big clubs changing managers to come up in my mailbox or the clubs relative to what league/club your at.

Yes it happens to everyone and yes it is annoying, there are two work rounds;

1. Go to the "available jobs" screen and set it as your homepage, so after processing this will immediately come into few each time.

2. On your current homepage it displays fixtures, finances, next opponent etc. To the right of each seaction is an small upside down triangle, if you click this a drop down menu opens and gives you a choice of what info you want displayed on your home screen. I swap "balances" for "available jobs" and sometimes swap "competitions" for "under pressure managers".

Either way, when you click continue and the game finishes processing a screen with available jobs etc will appear, although it will not be in news format.

Later on in the game, it takes over 10 seconds for the jobs screen to come up and by the time it does, its started to process again.

Why cant we have a screen that will let us choose to notify us of international or jobs by league or country?

ahhh ty - i have the overviews as home page, with the job section as one of the sections - i wondered why it was taking so long to load the page

Is there a place to view available national jobs?

I recently had a media item about the Chile job, which I applied for, but it didn't appear on the jobs screen.

All the national teams appear in the job security bit, just check the filter in the top right to make sure you can see them, stuff like that happens to me all the time, seems the game resets itself to defaults every so often just for a giggle

It really gets to me when my 'favorite club' link me as a possible replacement for the manager who may get sacked.

Then out of nowhere: BOOM. I get a news report saying they've given some chump the job. You check the significant events section of the club history and he was hired five days after the previous guy was sacked. Why wasn't I told?

All the national teams appear in the job security bit, just check the filter in the top right to make sure you can see them, stuff like that happens to me all the time, seems the game resets itself to defaults every so often just for a giggle

Turns out rather than having 'all nations' ticked, I just had each separate one in the list ticked. All sorted now.

On a similar note- why do clubs pick such poor managers over me?

I even quit my job after winning 6 consequetive premierships titles and 4 Champions leagues yet Valencia chose a manager who hasnt won a single trophy.

Everytime I give this game another chance it just has to remind me how bad it is.

Archived