Help please? Spanish rules....

Hi, playing FM2008, and doing a career for the first time, rather than manage my beloved Bristol City.

I've just taken over Cadiz who are in LIGA BBV (i think). But i'm at the end of august and have signed various players, but the latest is ineligible. I can see its to do with spanish registration rules, which i have no idea about!!

I was wondering if any of you kind people can tell me the rules or where i can find them? are they on the game anywhere??

Many thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't quite figure out the rules myself. Never played in Spain before. I'm in the second division and I can sign players from anywhere. The rules state that only registered players can play, but that there are no player restrictions. Yet when I go to sign, say, a Columbian player, I get a notice that

"The squad cannot have any non-EU players registered".

This isn't mentioned anywhere in the table rules. Any help?

Yeah, there is a registration. And in the 2nd division you can only register 22 players. I don't know yet if there are any loopholes in that, but it doesn't look like it so far. You register 2 times during the season, so new signings can be added, others dropped, etc.., but apparently I won't be able to register non-EU players. Weird, considering the rules state "no player restrictions"

It gives you the player restrictions when you get the news item informing you of the registration deadline and I think only 2 non-EU players can be registered and that is only in the Premier Division. None can be registered in the lower leagues.

• 3 weeks later...

slightly different situation, but i'll add to this one instead of starting another thread...

i'm sevilla in december 2010. the player registration window has just reopened, and i have 3 1st team numbers free, and no non-EU players. i signed roma's mirko vucinic (montenegro and italian nationality) on a bosman and he got injured in pre season for a good few months. i relegated him to the B team "until match fit". when he was automatically promoted back into the first team, he was "Ine". i can't give him one of the spare 1st team numbers, but he was registered for the b team with #18 and has played 10 games since his return from injury.

why can't i even select him by promoting from the b team? i've used b team players before in earlier seasons, but have the registration rules changed in the 8.0.2. Updated patch (i.e. Spanish Division B4 players who play a certain amount of games etc.)?

3 non EU in the 1a division.

2 non EU in the 2a division. (bbva)

0 non EU in 2a B and lower.

Indeed, as I've found now that we've been promoted to BBVA (div 2) Please SI, put a bit more detail into league rules.

Another interesting thing in Spain is that you can, at least in BBVA register your players all the time, so if somebody from your 25 gets injured, just register someone else until they recover.

Foreign players earn citizenship in Spain at different rates. Foregin meaning (non-EU). South American players can get citizenship in 730 days (2 years essentially), whereas African players take 10 years.

If you have say 4 foreign players you'd like to play, you can keep re-registering to rotate them. Quite odd, but it works.

slightly different situation, but i'll add to this one instead of starting another thread...

i'm sevilla in december 2010. the player registration window has just reopened, and i have 3 1st team numbers free, and no non-EU players. i signed roma's mirko vucinic (montenegro and italian nationality) on a bosman and he got injured in pre season for a good few months. i relegated him to the B team "until match fit". when he was automatically promoted back into the first team, he was "Ine". i can't give him one of the spare 1st team numbers, but he was registered for the b team with #18 and has played 10 games since his return from injury.

why can't i even select him by promoting from the b team? i've used b team players before in earlier seasons, but have the registration rules changed in the 8.0.2. Updated patch (i.e. Spanish Division B4 players who play a certain amount of games etc.)?

I think that players having played a certain # of games for another squad become ineligible until the next formal registration window. Somewhere along it does mention this in the in-game rules. Can't recall at the moment.

Indeed, as I've found now that we've been promoted to BBVA (div 2) Please SI, put a bit more detail into league rules.

Another interesting thing in Spain is that you can, at least in BBVA register your players all the time, so if somebody from your 25 gets injured, just register someone else until they recover.

Foreign players earn citizenship in Spain at different rates. Foregin meaning (non-EU). South American players can get citizenship in 730 days (2 years essentially), whereas African players take 10 years.

If you have say 4 foreign players you'd like to play, you can keep re-registering to rotate them. Quite odd, but it works.

African players should be able to play without being counted as a foreigner due to the Cotonu agreement.

cheers Smac, but the window opens december 1st, and i'm way past that now. its not just Vucinic, all my B team players are "Ine" for the first team. even the GK Palop who hasn't played any games at all...

however, there is no "cup tied" policy when it comes to B teams? i just played him in the spanish cup for the first team, Vucinic had already played for the B team (and scored) in an earlier round...

the league rules state that no more than 6 B team/ yth team players can be selected in the matchday 18 (although it specifically says "squad") for the first team , but it seems to contradict when it says that "only players registered for this competition are eligible to play", the competition being the Primera Liga.

i might have registered Vucinic, Aythami & Thiago Motta for both teams by accident, which is why i have 3 spare numbers, but i can't allocate them the 1st team numbers at all.

EDIT: i just unassigned said players B team squad numbers and i was then able to allocate them 1st team numbers. BUT, it still makes no sense, as I gave one of my B team strikers a 1st team number and a B team number. Kodro has made 6 sub appearences for the 1st team, but is still "Ine" for the B team despite having a squad number. suggests that the limit is 5 appearences, which would make sense if not for the Palop issue (0 games played for the B team, still "Ine" for the 1st team).

Archived