How can I offer more than £125.000k p/w?

I'm in the year 2016 and my club has grown to be one of the richest in the world.

I've just had offers accepted for Bojan and Sergio Ramos, but when offering them a contract, my board won't allow me to offer more than £125.000k p/w. Both players are asking for £135.000 and £140.000k respectively and reject my contract offers because of the basic wage.

Is there any way I can convince my board to let me offer more!?

Btw I'm 850k p/w under my overall wage budget.

I can't think of a way tbh, perhaps if you offer them crazy money for signing on etc they will be more willing to take the lower offer.

I've found signing on fees are seriously flawed.

I never ever ever offer more than £250k even when spending £50m on a player who wants a signing on fee of £4m.

They accept every time.

Its just the way it is. Its annoying when your wage budget is good and its just one step away from signing the gods of the game.

It is annoying. Especially since my board will allow me to offer £200m for a £20m player if I want to, but an extra £10k p/w? No way!

I now actually managed to sign Ramos by offering him an annual pay rise of 25% on top of the £125.000 p/w. That means he'll cost the club a lot more than he wold have if the board had just allowed me to offer £140.000 to begin with.

Definitely something to look at for future versions of the game imo.

it's small things like this that spoil the game. once you have the coded template to make this work it should be easy to move from game to game, makes you wonder what the testers of the game do when they play.

No because it would stop at the maximum which would be £125k. It is easy to get them though, just up the added bonuses like appearance fees and stuff like that.

But the players can't "see" that.

I've had lots of players that I've given them a appearance fee WAY over what they're asking, but slightly less weekly wage.

So let's say I've got a player asking for 100kpw + 10k app fee. I offer 95kpw and 20k appearance fee. They will reject (if they're being stubborn). Yet if I offer 100kpw + 5k app fee, they'll accept.

For example, 50kpw wage + 200k signing over 2 years. If I offer 40kpw but a 2m signing bonus over 2 years they'll reject, although it's more money over the same period of time.

Generally players and teams (for transfers) can't do basic maths.

VB

signing on fees dont effect the players signing for you (so you can offer them 0 if you want and they will still sign if they are happy with the other things) but im not really sure if the signing on fee makes them more likely to take a larger fee over more weekly wage if that makes sense

Archived