Football: The Future

Guest roberto922

Guest roberto922

The year is 2186, while waiting for those pesky martians to show up with their atomic screwdrivers the human race has continued to play that sport they call football.

Over the past 179 years the face of football has changed completely, the likes of Brentford, Farsley and Kidderminster have enjoyed great title success while 41 times winners Liverpool languish in League 2.

Over the next month or two I will, depending on the popularity, be releasing fortnightly or monthly challenges involving my 2186 save game and other save games that I will be uploading as time goes on.

The first challenge will be posted once the save game has been uploaded to filefront.

Notes

The save game is over 174mb, runs on a large database with only the English leagues loaded, I have found that it runs well on my old laptop which has only 1gb ram and a bad processor, if you feel that your computer will not be able to handle this file then please don't waste mine and your time by DLing it and then complaining if it doesn't run well.

Screenshots must be shown for the appropriate league table, Cup progress, transfers and any other screenshots that are stated as specific to the challenge.

How to upload a screenshot:

1. Press the Prt Scn button on your keyboard when on the appropriate screen.

2. Copy the image to paint and save it.

3. Upload to a free upload site like www.photobucket.com

4. copy the direct link and post it on this thread.

No third party software is allowed nor is any form of gaining an unfair advantage.

Please remain polite and respectful to each other with your posts, encourage each other rather than insulting each other when it goes wrong.

More details will be posted tomorrow.

EDIT: Save File: http://files.filefront.com/rob1fm/;11292134;/fileinfo.html

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest roberto922

The save game will be up very soon Nep, if theres any specific Screenies you want I can post them, not too many though.

Just want to see the level of goals scored over a regular basis.

IRL, the top goal scorer is always around 30 goals.

In my current game, (2026) - The prem has had a mass shortage of goals, with the scoring for each year as follows...

In date order, going from 2008 as the first name, and 2025 as the last...

Alves - 18

Santa Cruz - 19

Defoe - 18

Santa Cruz - 19

Torres - 20

Gignac - 21

Lanzafame - 18

Bendtner - 28

Derbyshire - 19

Bendtner - 22

Bendtner - 19

Russotto - 20

Jurgen - 23

Quinn - 24

Jara - 19

Saurer - 22

Porto - 22

Damman - 20

As you can see, only once did a player score over 25 league goals in the Prem. Which I find far too small. IRL, more than one player regularly gets around the 30 goal mark. So I'm just interested to see if this is strict to my game, or a complete generalization.

Cheers for those screenies :D

Can't believe Farsley are top. Have you ever managed them? Did you holiday to get that far into the game?

Again with the goals, they're very very small amounts, aren't they. Quite odd. Will download the save game file, and look forward to having a few seasons in it :D

Guest roberto922

Yeah I holidayed all the way through, the only time I took control of a club was to check on stuff eg the highest valued player.

Guest roberto922

Lol I've gotta admit the files smaller than I thought it would be, it's only 174mb which I thinks pretty good for a 179 year game :D

Now that this is up Roberto, I can't help but download it for myself! So I will have a look around the database, and take part in any challenges. Is it okay for me to save a separate file away from the challenge, just to start games at my own pleasure on here because its really interesting the different scenarios, but obviously I want one saved just as it is to be on the same footing as everyone in the future challenges.

Instead of continuously bugging Roberto about the database you should try downloading the file he took the time to upload for yourselves.

Thanks Roberto, will have a play on it a little later, looking really good though.

Just been perusing the game, and am shocked to notice the following....

1. The physical attributes are atrocious. Especially "Jumping" - Closely followed by pretty much everything else. Some of the highest rated players in the game (going on value only) - have physical attributes in all areas ranging from 1 to 9 - I just cant believe it.! I thought I was having it bad, and that eventually the game would throw up some players with decent physical attributes, but it seems to be a lot bigger problem than I thought.

2. Money. So, I took over Arsenal, as its the club I support, just to have a look around the squad and what not. When I take over, the board let me know I have a huge transfer budget of over £350,000,000 and a wage budget of no less than £5.2 million pound per week. That shocked me, so I had a look at the finances, and Arsenal have nearly £900,000,000 in the bank.! So I started to look around the other clubs, and clubs as low as division 1 and 2 have 50,000,000+ and are splashing out copious amounts of money on players.

3. Goals. The highest scorer in the Prem was Fernando Torres with 27 goals. In 179 years nobody scored more than the guy who set the record on the first season? I don't think so. A lot of records from the 2008-2012 era still stand, and internationally players have exceptional amounts of goals, with one player on 143 goals in 50something caps. :eek:

I dread to think thats what it'll be if I ever actually play that far into the game.

Just been perusing the game, and am shocked to notice the following....

2. Money. So, I took over Arsenal, as its the club I support, just to have a look around the squad and what not. When I take over, the board let me know I have a huge transfer budget of over £350,000,000 and a wage budget of no less than £5.2 million pound per week. That shocked me, so I had a look at the finances, and Arsenal have nearly £900,000,000 in the bank.! So I started to look around the other clubs, and clubs as low as division 1 and 2 have 50,000,000+ and are splashing out copious amounts of money on players.

Number Two wouldn't be too bad if the game accounted for inflation, and the fact that wages for everyone will inevitably rise in monetary terms (not real terms). Thereby, league 2 footballers will be on £10k to £20k a week, and premiership footballers on closer to £250,000 a week.

Don't forget, that Trevor Francis was the first £1 million pound player, and that wages back in the 60's and 70's are much lower than they are now. Extrapolating a transfer budget of £350,000,000 in 2186 from a starting point of what £20 million in 2008 is not that huge.

However, my calculations would indicate that inflation is not factored in realistically as an annual rate of inflation of 2% a year would turn a £20m transfer budget in 2008 into a £3.817 billion budget in 2186 (£3,817 million). A transfer budget of £350,000,000 would be hit, were inflation to be just 2% (unlikely) in just under a 100 years from now.

Guest roberto922
Is anyone else having problems loading the game?

Edit: Never mind it worked eventually.

You mean the way it stayed on the starting bit for quite a fe minutes?

Guest roberto922

Does it run alright through the season? I'm gonna get round to posting the challenge in the next hour

Guest roberto922

Well in :D You me and Man U King all from Wrexham :) I was thinking, would it be worth putting a challenge up now? Instead you could post updates on your seasons with your chosen club?

Well in :D You me and Man U King all from Wrexham :) I was thinking, would it be worth putting a challenge up now? Instead you could post updates on your seasons with your chosen club?

Yeah put it up, it will gain a lot of interest, people will want to know how their club is fairing in the future.

Archived