Started New game - Didn't use Real Players

Hi

I decided to start a new game, but to untick the "use real players" box.

I chose Accrington in Coca-Cola league 2.

The first thing I noticed from the Ass-man team report was the number of players who were rated at 5/6 stars. About 7 under 19's with high rating and about 9 first team players with high rating. Even had 2 players rated at 7 stars. This obviously boded well for current game.

IRL the Accrington team are not this highly rated.

I know that star ratings are in relation to the current league you are playing in, but the 2 players with 7 stars were described as good signings for a championship team.

The next thing I noticed was the number of players who were two-footed. More than 2/3rds were rated as at least reasonable on weaker foot. About 1/4 were strong\very strong on both feet.

I decided to check out some of the other teams in my division and the same two-footedness occurs in these teams. Then checked out Arsenal and Man U. Not a single one footed player in their teams, including goalies.

Without getting into the debate about the pros and cons of how good are two footed players in the game, it just shows how the AI feels about two-footedness.

I am playing with real players turned off - great fun, and removes all prior player knowledge which is a plus for me.

However I have noticed players in lower leagues in England and Scotland are of a higher standard than when I've played both countries with real players enabled. Not sure if this is coincidence or not, but it runs all the way up to the Championship where the majority of players have outstanding ratings.

Guest roberto922

I always thought it was just real players renamed small Mac, obviously not though, they must be regens.

Every player is a regen. So it comes with all the problems regens have (namely the gap between great and poor is lessened).

Plus it's extremely weak in that each player is obviously a duplicate of an existing one. Wow Spurs have a Bulgarian who's spent some time in Germany. What are the odds. Oh, 100% because the regen/playergen system is completely useless.

VB

You can tell who plenty of big names are at the start, but often they have different nationalities.

Not anymore. Pre FM08 - "unreal" players used to be real players with different names, D.O.B, nationality etc.

You could go to Arsenal and tell who Henry was, who Vieira was etc. But now, they are literally NEW players. All FRED's.

Not anymore. Pre FM08 - "unreal" players used to be real players with different names, D.O.B, nationality etc.

You could go to Arsenal and tell who Henry was, who Vieira was etc. But now, they are literally NEW players. All FRED's.

In my current game:

- Liverpool striker, worth 22m, Atletico Madrid as a favoured club.

- Tottenham striker, worth 17m, Ipswich as a favoured club.

- Barca striker, worth 23m, captain of Cameroon

- Chelsea and England captain, centre half, born leader

- Chelsea attacking midfielder, favoured personel includes England captain and regen Portsmouth manager

- 201cm towering striker at Liverpool

Not saying every player represents someone real, but if you start with real players switched off it's obvious some are just replicas of real big names.

I'm not talking about newgens being generated in-game, I'm just talking about when you start a game with 'use real players' unticked.

I'm just talking about when you start a game with 'use real players' unticked.

I knew this. But I can 100% guarantee that unticking that box generate 100% new players, and doesn't follow the format of old. So what you have there is either lies, or huge coincidences.

I knew this. But I can 100% guarantee that unticking that box generate 100% new players, and doesn't follow the format of old. So what you have there is either lies, or huge coincidences.

Huge coincidences for the win. We have...

Timmy Cahill - with Everton and Milwall as favoured clubs and 19 for heading/jumping, Samoan second nationality

Darren Bent - his favoured personel is someone at Charlton

Peter Crouch

Steven Gerrard

Gilberto - current Brazilian captain, favoured club American (MG) where he started out in real life

John Terry - United fan as a kid

Frank Lampard - Nathan Bell is a 61-year-old English manager of Portsmouth

Wayne Rooney

Fernando Torres - I've had him come up as Czech before too

Any requests?

It does appear that way, Kenwyne, but I've heard from SI (I think, or it may well have been hear say from another forumite) that this no longer happens in FM08 and that they are indeed all "New" players. It appears I'm wrong. Would like some clarification from SI one way or the other.

i always try to start a fake players game, last one i went beyond 10 games with was Malmo FF in sweden. i've tried with feyenoord and juventus in the past too. it's a good feature which still needs some work, otherwise it adds to the longevity of fm08 for me.

Archived