What ever does this mean??? The plot thickens!

Just been reading a message on left on CM website.

Yes I know that CM is a dirty word around here, but no harm in checking out the comp.

The message has been posted by Roy Meredith who is one of the bigwigs at BGS and Eidos (from what I can make out). Basically, I think most of us have seen the leaked video footage of CM's new match engine...and even I hate to admit it looks kinda fab, well at least in a grainy YouTube video it does.

He has posted this comment.....

"I’m sure we’re not the only football management game to be making in-roads towards animations in the near future as others have been recruiting animators as well, so it feels like it’s going to be an exciting new season."

Now that got me thinking??? Surely he doesnt mean SI??? Does he???

SI aren't the only other company that makes football management games, you know.

Trust someone to come along and burst my bubble.

My original thought when I read this was that EA had probably recruited some new animators.....but you cant blame a guy for dreaming. Can you?

Doesnt have to be 3D to be animated, does it? Kick Off, Sensi, Dino Dini's Goal!

All decent match engines and none of them in true 3D.

It is possible, what with no info doing the rounds on FM'09.

I might be the only one, but I'm not sure I totally buy the line about not wanting to take the hype away from FM Live.

I've been playing CM/FM since CM '93 on the Amiga, if hype is needed for a "true" online version of the greatest management game ever, then something is seriously wrong.

It is plausible that they have a MAJOR announcement about the match engine....highly unlikely.....but still it might happen.

Just when I thought I had it straight in my mind, that maybe for once, I had come up with an idea that was right....and along comes someone to place doubt in the darkest recesses of my brain.

oh great i hope this doesnt happen. if i wanted to see that type of stuff i would play fifa. or the useless LMA. i hope fm doesnt go that way.

I honestly dont think it will, it's just the original quote from the big cheese at BGS, set my mind whirring.

Yes there are other FM style games out there, although to be fair apart from the obvious 3, I would be hard pushed to name any others.

CM have admitted they are going to a 3D match engine. FIFA already has a 3D match engine (flawed as it is), so surely the natural assumption to make is FM may/must be thinking about it?

But then again it is waaaayyyy past my bed time, and I'm not a straight thinker at the best of times!

Basically, I think most of us have seen the leaked video footage of CM's new match engine...and even I hate to admit it looks kinda fab, well at least in a grainy YouTube video it does.

No it doesn't, it looks terrible. Im sure many, like me, would rather have the match engine we have now than some pointless 3D one.

oh great i hope this doesnt happen. if i wanted to see that type of stuff i would play fifa. or the useless LMA. i hope fm doesnt go that way.

Agreed.

I'm not sure we have been looking at the same video!?!

That footage, however grainy, looks fab. The first time I saw it, I thought it was a **** take, and someone had just mocked it up.

And no-one here can surely say that a match engine based on something like SWOS would be a major let down.

3D?? I'll be honest and hold my hands up, if FM ever went 3D, I would stop buying it. To me it would have turned from what we all know and love to a console-centric imitation, but a "proper" 2D match engine....Yes please!!!

It looks lovely. But I had to watch it three times to work out who was kicking which way.

Anyway, unless SI have been leading us up the garden path I think we can expect FM's match engine to look pretty much the same. Please use the Off Topic Discussion forum to discuss CM or any other games.

Archived