Most points to not win a major title?

You should have a look in the records thread but i have a feeling someone may have had more points if i remember correctly.

No, I had the record and that was 95. That is one of my records gone :(. Well done on getting the record but you would have probably preferred to win the league.

Thanks, I looked for that but I obviously didn't look hard enough. Posted up now.

It's nice to have an oddball record and to have some hard evidence that my treble-winning Barca-managing mate is just luckier than me but I won't be as happy if it costs me my job.

Every year I get annoyed when Madrid go on a rampage and I stumble, but in every season but one in the 7 I've managed Barca, I've gained that ground back as they slipped and beaten them to the title. This year I was more reserved, just thinking 'Keep going, they'll slip up, they always slip up... oh.'.

This is the only version of FM that has truly made me hate a rival team, and I love that it's done that. Madrid are either right behind me, beating me or giving me an impossible time at the Bernabeu. It's the only time I've felt 'into' a rivalry on a football game.

It's also given me a unreasonable level of spite towards a regen called Robin Jansen. Plucked from PSV's reserves for £2.5M, I made him a very good winger before noticing that with a year and a half left on his contract, he was unhappy. I recognised his potential and put him in my team at the age of 20 when he wasn't really good enough to warrant it. I gave him more than 30 starts in a Champions league winning team that year, but no, he wouldn't relent and gave no reason for his want away attitude. Sometimes players leave on frees, it happens, but it stung for Jansen in particular as I'd nurtured him from a nobody and pulled out all the stops to keep him before he left. For Real Madrid.

Then to round it all off he goes and becomes world-class, and leaving us short in midfield (he was meant to be Dinho's replacement) then he scores the winner against us in March of last season, making it 3-2 at the Bernabeu and killing off out challenge, limiting us to a mere 101 points.

I want to buy him back so I can kill him.

Is there a way to view the last two seasons league table?

Because I think I came second with over 100 points two years in a row.

Yes, go to the current table and select the season from the drop down menu in the top right-hand corner.

Three seasons in a row I finished third behind Juve and Inter despite having over 90 points, they both had over 100 points. It was particularly galling because in my first season I lost my first two games and then went on a 36 league game unbeaten run, still wasn't good enough lol. It put me off managing in Italy.

That all conquering side that I left three years ago or so now has just won EVERYTHING to win this season, actually beating me in the Carling, FA AND Champions League final.

I can't believe this.

Ouch. Good to see some good AI management though. I once won the treble with a fantastic Pompey side, I left for a new challenge, and they were relegated the season after!

It's not as "good" as you guys, but mine was pretty galling at the time.

I got 80 points with NAC Breda in the dutch league (18 teams) but lost out to NEC.

In the 55-year history of the league before that season, only one team had ever scored more than 75 points and they walked it by about 20 points that year.

The problem was that the NEC manager at the time (in addition to being an above average AI manager) had a preferred formation of 4-2-4 and typically played that formation for the full 90 minutes of every match.

As a result, they absolutely steamrollered all the AI teams (and me) in their path, and were regular fixtures in the closing stages of the Champions League in that era, winning the competition the next year.

That manager eventually moved to Croatia, where he has had little success on the international scene, and has faded from my immediate 'world'.

He doesn't really have the players at his disposal though, but he perseveres, and is still playing 4-2-4 for 90 minutes of every game.

31490543ky4.jpg

Hm, after a (stupid) red card and an injury to a key player, I'm now trailing Real again, them having won their first 6 games with scorelines like 6-0 and 7-1. This is neither funny nor realistic. It's just stupid and I'm going to get the boot because the stupid board confidence doesn't recognise that the league leaders have won their last 30 games. Poor old me has only won 26 of them, obviously I should be sacked.

Archived